• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I found a keeper!

DarthRevan

NES Member
The lady friend went to GOAL's women training event out at Harvard Sportsmen Club
She had a "blast" with the 20 gauge shooting clays. She likes the 9mm more than 38. There's even more hope!
image.jpg
Dont know why my phone is loading sideways...

just got a text from a freind who whent with her mom. They both loved it too. Now she wants me to take them out doing trap. I havnt fired a 20ga since boy scouts, can someone tall me if they can enjoy a 20ga how will they like a 12ga? low power loads maybe?

Awesome dude! Being able to share shooting with your partner is a beautiful thing:) Lady Radtekk got her LTC a while back, took the class at Harvard. She hasn't gone to a WoT, but we (her, my 13 & 15 y/o daughters and I) are going a "Girls, Guns and Grills" thing FSTC is doing in September. I'll be "working" and providing a couple of guns and some ammo, but women's shooting events are a great thing!

Lady Radtekk just got her 1st shotgun today, a 20ga Mossberg. Old school, 2 round detachable box mag, bolt action, smooth as butter:) She said it kicks, but not as much as my Savage88 pump with an 18" barrel. Anybody wanting to compare 12ga to 20ga is welcome to try it out, I'll provide ammo for the ladies, boys can byob:)

Oh, and buy a new safe, yours isn't big enough... Jenn has a Ruger MKii, Mustang 380 (her "dress-up" gun), a Glock26, and now the Mossy. She already plans "At least one AR, a pink 38, and a compact 1911..."
20140719_113946(0).jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I was shooting at HSC earlier today and ended up chatting with a guy who had brought his mother out to shoot with him. Meanwhile, the parking lot was full, as was the club house.

FIFY

v4p75z.jpg

Nice. An anti chick is like cancer.

Awesome![thumbsup] For her and for you!

Mrs. Mountain's LTC just arrived a week ago. She enjoyed Women On Target enough to not only recruit a friend but come back for the next one at our club this fall. Fantastic program- I highly recommend it for ladies.

spcantwell;4035070 I havnt fired a 20ga since boy scouts said:
Can you borrow a 20ga from someone? I think the ladies would like to stick to 20ga for their second time out. Maybe bring a 12g a as well so they can try it but I think they will prefer the 20ga. Good luck

Can you borrow a 20ga from someone? I think the ladies would like to stick to 20ga for their second time out. Maybe bring a 12g a as well so they can try it but I think they will prefer the 20ga. Good luck

I am hopeing to be able to do that when i finaly get them to come out sometime. its more a matter of timeing then anything elese i think. I really dont think i can justify buying a 20ga just for other people... unless i run across one that is a great deal while im out an about...

I remember her at the pistol table. Damn, so many of those women were amazing shots. So much natural talent.. Watch out boys, we got some serious competition coming down the pike.
I had the Ruger Mark 3 target pistol, Will's Ruger 357, and my ancient "Plastic Fantastic" Glock 17.
Has anybody else found that the Mark 3's are jamomatics/ammo snobs?

Last edited:
I have participated in 3 WOT's. They are absolutely awesome. I now try to volunteer at as many as I can. I have had quite a few women shooters say how nice it is to have women instructors in the mix.

Contratulations on finding your "keeper"!!! :)

Darth, in your photo at HSC, that's me on her right instructing. She did very well, safe and accurate shooter.

It was a fun day and there were lots of smiles among the ladies. I recommend Women on Target for anyone's mom, wife, significant other, daughter, coworker or friend. In the morning they get the MA-required 4-hour classroom instruction and State Police certificate for license application, then after lunch they shoot pistol, rifle and shotgun. Check the GOAL Web site for coming classes. Let GOAL know if you're interested in instructing or otherwise helping out with things like setup, registration, food.

Darth, in your photo at HSC, that's me on her right instructing. She did very well, safe and accurate shooter.

It was a fun day and there were lots of smiles among the ladies. I recommend Women on Target for anyone's mom, wife, significant other, daughter, coworker or friend. In the morning they get the MA-required 4-hour classroom instruction and State Police certificate for license application, then after lunch they shoot pistol, rifle and shotgun. Check the GOAL Web site for coming classes. Let GOAL know if you're interested in instructing or otherwise helping out with things like setup, registration, food.
The first time I took her to the range last month she was incredibly nervous about shooting, which is exactly why when I saw GOAL was doing the WOT event I mentioned it to her. Luckily her interest in shooting was there before I brought it up. She hasn't stopped talking about how much fun she had!

Once September rolls around I'm going to bring up these events as examples at our club meetings to try and run them at Danvers F&G.

- - - Updated - - -

She keeps telling me to buy her a shotgun. [smile]

just got a text from a freind who whent with her mom. They both loved it too. Now she wants me to take them out doing trap. I havnt fired a 20ga since boy scouts, can someone tall me if they can enjoy a 20ga how will they like a 12ga? low power loads maybe?

My 13 year old daughter only fired 12ga and she loves it - just make sure she is taught the proper technique... it is more important than using a smaller caliber shotgun. MisterHappy and his son were the culprits in my case... now I have to deal with a teenage girl that wants to shoot trap.

Update:
LadyDarth got her LTC from Lynn! She'll be picking it up this week, and I may or may not be more excited for it than she is....
No, I am way more excited, not to say she isn't though lol.

Back
Top Bottom