• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I finally joined the gen 1 Glock club

What makes Gen 1 special. I remember when my dad had new sights out in they were kinda impressed by it at the shop.
Nothing really......except some people think because it was the first real plastic pistol of popularity, the early models might be collectable.

Plastic means nothing to me, I'll take the new gen5 for the same money and shoot it all day long.

Glocks as a safe queen is just weird to me.

Nothing really......except some people think because it was the first real plastic pistol of popularity, the early models might be collectable.

Plastic means nothing to me, I'll take the new gen5 for the same money and shoot it all day long.

Glocks as a safe queen is just weird to me.
Agree, but there’s definitely worse, less useful things to collect.

Local shop had this baby for $480 out the door. Staff claimed it was a gen 2. I said sure it is and here’s $480. serial # puts it around late 1988 production. Internals look great. it has some dings and scratches. Cleaned her up and sealed in an air tight bag with desiccant. This one is a collector piece for my boys.

Who else has a gen 1 story to share?

View attachment 673986

So you gonna change your Beretta fanboy NES username to 17G ?

Obviously didn't get it at 4S, would have cost you $800
Haha.... I actually did that. Back when I first got an LTC, when I got skeered cuz Obama got elected. I went to FS and bought a Ruger 22 (the one that is impossible to reassemble) and a super beat up G17 they charged me $700 for. Sites so crooked, that WWII German gun that shoots around corners is probably more accurate.....Noob!

$700 in 2009. I never shoot it. I ran the serial # years ago..... Gen 1, originally owned by Detroit PD. For years I've been like " I've gotta send that thing back to Glock for a free facelift. Maybe they'll basically send me back a brand new gun." Just never got around to it.

So now you're telling me it's"collectable "?

Are ya sure? I mean, if this gun were a car, homeless people would be living in it.

I am a believer in "Never sell a gun" but... If I could flip it for a new gun...

Back
Top Bottom