• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I felt totally naked today...

Interesting 1st post...Welcome to the forum.

I will say straight up that I am definitely not racist. If you knew me (which obviously you don't), you would know that I judge a person by their character, not their skin color. I don't give a rip what a person's color is. When you are stopped at a light or stop sign and a group of young men start walking towards your car looking at you, you decide the light is too long and move out quickly. Yes, that happened while I was driving through one of those neighborhoods. They may have had no nefarious intentions but I wasn't taking that chance. If that makes me racist, well then, I guess I am. I call it self preservation.

You may not be a racist person, but you made it about race the moment you brought skin color up and perhaps, unintentionally associated it with the world “sketchy”

You may not be a racist person, but you made it about race the moment you brought skin color up and perhaps, unintentionally associated it with the world “sketchy”

He was describing the environment. You're the one that associated those factors. Which word should he have omitted to make you happy?

There's a lot of areas in cities in NH and Mass that I won't venture in either and some of these are places that are predominantly "white" neighborhoods. Sketchy is sketchy, no matter who lives there.

BTW, rather than come new into a forum and rip a long time member with this, why don't you introduce yourself first.

Last edited:
Sorry about your uncle but the subject should have been labeled “I felt totally racist today...”

You are implying that the place was sketchy because it was full of non white people. You’re absolutely the type of person with a gun I wouldn’t want making a judging call.

Unfortunately, and sadly, you aren’t the only one who thinks this way. Maybe you should do some reflection before deciding to carry again.

Try to look at situations without bringing skin color into the equation.

[laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [laugh2] [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][popcorn]

Bye, Felicia

Girlfriends relatives vacation every year in Lake George for 2 weeks. I went once and illegally carried, never again. Cuomo said I'm not welcome in NY because I don't have NY values. Go figure, a far left Pol telling me I have no morals or values.

Back
Top Bottom