I don't think my neighbor likes me now!

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Neighbor Linda,

I feel like I have been a good neighbor since you have moved to the building. I've helped you with various things and allowed you to use my WiFi for free. So, I was surprised at the level of hostility and intolerance you displayed yesterday regarding my small Trump 2020 sign. I did not expect that a woman of your age would not have the decency to respect a differing opinion.

I have been occupied with medical appointments all day and I am not your personal handyman to be used when needed and disrespected when it suits you.

My computer is working perfectly. You may want to look into getting your own Wifi connection.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although way over my head, a re-direct to the trump campaign 404 page with a pic of Hillary at a presidential podium with the message ‘sorry, you’re looking for something that doesn’t exist’ would be epic.

Kim,

I need you help because I haven't been able to logon to my website or my facebook page all day!
Barely-informed speculation: "(her) website"
means her ISP's home (news/weather) page,
which her web browser is configured to start with.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do flaming bag of dog poo on doorstep Billy Madison style. Bonus points if you can do it right after they return home with new shoes on!

556USER

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing about people like this woman is that if they ever had ultimate power they would have no problem placing anyone who did not agree with them into a concentration camp or even kill them. There are all too many examples of this in recent history all over the world. Realize that even if they are not physically dangerous their ideas most certainly are.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Dear Neighbor Linda,

I feel like I have been a good neighbor since you have moved to the building. I've helped you with various things and allowed you to use my WiFi for free. So, I was surprised at the level of hostility and intolerance you displayed yesterday regarding my small Trump 2020 sign. I did not expect that a woman of your age would not have the decency to respect a differing opinion.

I have been occupied with medical appointments all day and I am not your personal handyman to be used when needed and disrespected when it suits you.

My computer is working perfectly. You may want to look into getting your own Wifi connection.
I tell my kids - or any other freeloader....Come from a position of gratitude, instead of entitlement.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Set up your own web server on a linux box and redirect a few key sites to ones of your own and pass the rest through. Imaging going to www.amazon.com and seeing "We have stopped selling today to honor our president, Donald Trump and his stance on trade".
Of course, this only works if the neighbor uses DHCP to assign not only the IP address but more importantly the DNS servers. If she sets them so something like 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 (free Google DNS) it will be harder to point her to your server.
So, I was surprised at the level of hostility and intolerance problems with diversity that you displayed yesterday regarding my small Trump 2020 sign.
FIFY

ps: Credit to IPSCDRL
rapping , rapping, onat my bedroom window!
I Poed it for you.

swatgig

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Invite one of your friends over and smoke him up. Turn on the modem and let her know your buddy fixed it for you, but you had to smoke him up. Any time you and your friend want some weed, turn off the modem and when she asks, tell her you don’t have any cash now to smoke up your techie friend.

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Invite one of your friends over and smoke him up. Turn on the modem and let her know your buddy fixed it for you, but you had to smoke him up. Any time you and your friend want some weed, turn off the modem and when she asks, tell her you don’t have any cash now to smoke up your techie friend.
Good idea! My best friends son is usually the guy I call, but when he comes over he always brings wax and his torch! Man, that stuff is wicked

cockpitbob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow, yeah the entitled tone of her letter is kind of stunning. "I need you to...fix my,...or call Comcast...I've been waiting all day. ". Just....wow.

There's a chance if you gently "read her the riot act" about her intolerance of your viewpoint and taking your help for granted, you could save a friendship. OTOH, she sounds like a cement-head (all mixed up and permanently set) and you wouldn't want a casual friendship with her(assuming she identifies as a "her"), So, gloves off and claws out. If she doesn't respect you, at least she should fear you. [thumbsup].

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's funny really, because I have tried to be friendly. When she first moved in she had no kitchen stuff, and I gave her some spare stuff I had.

And I have given her a lot of baked goods from my oven. And I even tell her I like her watercolors, even they though they look like crap.

A month ago, I gave her some of my Boston North End Lasagna, and I had to ask her to get my damn Pyrex dish back after three weeks!

I even let her use my Xfinity WiFi, because she is always whining about how broke she is.

We were getting along fine, until she sees my Trump sign, and literally went ballistic and essentially called me stupid!

I have my computer desk right in front of my front window, (so I can watch for the a**h***s that don't pick up after their dog shit,) and
she just came down the stairs and glared at me through the window!

I guess it's time now to change the password on my WiFi![laugh2]

She thinks I am an a**h***, but liberals always bring out the a**h*** in me.[smile]

Happy Gilmore: I’ve seen those finger paintings you bring home and they suck!

DarkNet

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just NAT whatever they're using for DNS to your controlled DNS server.
Of course, this only works if the neighbor uses DHCP to assign not only the IP address but more importantly the DNS servers. If she sets them so something like 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 (free Google DNS) it will be harder to point her to your server.

Reactions: AHM

swatgig

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tell her that due to security reasons, you must change the password every day, but it's easy to remember.
IloveTrumponmonday
IloveTrumpontuesday
IloveTrumponwednesday
IloveTrumponthursday
IloveTrumponfriday
IloveTrumponsaturday
IloveTrumponsunday

So she has to type it in every day, not just one time

M60

NES Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Dear Neighbor Linda,

And get some kitchen equipment too, you grumpy old, formerly cordial person you.

I guess we told her.

Top Bottom