1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

I don't think my neighbor likes me now!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Skysoldier, Jun 10, 2019.

1. DarkNet

DarkNet NES Life Member NES Member

The screen name was just a word that popped into my head when I had to come up with a userid here. I didn't overthink it. Had nothing to do with anything at the time.
    I think I own at least one of everything that hak5 sells. I tend to make my own tools, but have no problem buying others to check them out.

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Amen. Why does every liberal think that they should be talking about politics in a very opinionated way 24/7??? It's awful here. Nonexistent within the conservatives of the Northeast. We just talk quietly. Nonexistent with EVERYBODY in Missouri according to my daughter. Its not even discussed. It's a non-issue.

These people MAKE it their entire lives. Get a life, Morans!

1. Call Xfinity to change the password.

2. Keep up the good work.

3. Next time the lesbians are dogcrapping on the lawn, open your door and ask, "Is this that Two Girls One Cup thing I've been hearing about?"

mibro, Fixxah, xjma99 and 3 others like this.
  3. namedpipes

namedpipes

My ssid is NSAWIRETAP.

Sky, I have faith that with a little [devil] advice from this crowd, you'll have a lot of fun with this old lady.

garandman, xjma99 and Howland like this.
  4. capewalk

capewalk NES Member

In a divorce you split the house 50/50. She gets the inside you get the outside.

whatluck, Christian, dingbat and 3 others like this.
  5. jkelly1229

jkelly1229

In an open robe... cloth underneath how you see fit to not go to prison

6. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

#irony

Jason Flare likes this.
  7. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

So us talking about here and someone making conversation in line at the grocery store is the same thing?

8. TheGreekFreak

TheGreekFreak NES Member

This lady sounds like a c word but at least she showed her true colors and expressed to you why she is the way she is.....as crazy as it may be lol

Growing up, we had neighbor who would only be friendly with us when he wanted something. If he needed to borrow some tool or needed help shoveling snow, he was all smiles and would walk over to talk to us like we're friends before asking. Afterwards, he would see you and not even a wave, not even a fake smile, not a return greeting, nothing until the next time he needed a favor.

The last favor I remember we ever did for him was letting him use our wifi. After a few days of going back to ignoring us, I said f*** it and changed it....he sort of got the point and we never did a favor for him again. Still until the day he moved, he would continue to watch us shovel across the street and if he thought we were looking, he would sigh loudly and hold his back with hopes that we'd help him again......

Some people have zero self respect, no matter how nice you are with them. I would kill this lady with excessive sarcastic kindness when she initiates a dialogue with you but never do a favor for her again.

FPrice and xjma99 like this.
  9. M60

M60 NES Member

Skysoldier you have to stop making the lady's crazy. You're just a chick magnet.

dingbat likes this.
  10. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

obviously I am poorly skilled in getting my point across. The irony (apparently lost) was calling them a moron and spelling it "Morans"

11. exodious

exodious

Being a little more tech savvy, I’d turn that WiFi network (that she already has the SSID and password to) into one with special rules... like either changing the DNS results to take her to Trump’s campaign website, or doing an explicit redirect for everywhere she wants to go to do the same.

Ooh or what about a RADIUS page that will only let her have some limited internet access if she answers a quiz correctly about how great President Trump is and so forth.

There’s lots of fun you can have with a computer.

TLB, xjma99, Cowgirlup and 2 others like this.
  12. M60

M60 NES Member

Put that crap in bag and leave on their step with a note that says don't do that or the next bag goes on your widows.

xjma99 and JayMcB like this.
  13. commodon

commodon NES Member

That reminds me I have to update it... Thanks

Broccoli Iglesias likes this.
  14. dingbat

dingbat NES Member

He just forgot the 'h'... Morahns. There, now you can hear the accent.

JayMcB likes this.
  15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Oh. LOL

[​IMG]

One of my favorite old-school memes.

mibro, cams, Jason Flare and 4 others like this.
  16. Racenet

Racenet NES Member

Screw using a bag!

M60 and xjma99 like this.
  17. AHM

AHM NES Member

The real criterion is not whether some wardriver can discover the SSID,
    but whether some old moonbat can figure it out.

We don't broadcast our house WiFi SSID,
    and it seems like half of visitors' devices can't cope with it -
    even after they've been trained to connect, they won't.
    Various Apple devices have had the problem for years.

More importantly, few if any devices will even try to reconnect by default.
    If your SSID used to be broadcast and now isn't,
    it's the rare consumer whose devices will continue to use it,
    and even rarer for them to be able to figure out the workaround.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Coyote33 likes this.
  18. swatgig

swatgig NES Member

Chained together with 999 of my associates at the
    I've decided that locking her out of the wifi by changing the SSID or password is to quick and easy. It would be much more fun to randomly redirect her browser to various pro-trump websites from time to time.

Since that may take some knowledge that you don't have, what you can do is randomly disconnect the router from the cable. Don't simply unplug the power, since that would instantly disconnect her. If you disconnect the cable, she'll remain connected to the wifi, but with no traffic so her browser will simply timeout. You may be able to tell when she's using it by the lights on the modem.

Changing the password will mess with her once. Random disconnects lets you continue the fun for as long as you want.

19. Coyote33

Coyote33

Good ideas, swatgig!

My router lets you have certain "on" and "off" times, for kids and so on. If you have that, just set them up for random times when you are usually out or asleep. That, or just pull the plug when you want to have fun. I like the idea of keeping the WIFI on, but without Internet service. SO evil, and frustrating.

Can you set up a custom "guest login page"? You know, like businesses and doctors' offices have? Could have fun with that, too, including photos and other things.

20. MisterHappy

MisterHappy NES Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
    Sky is right....sick bastids! [party]

swatgig likes this.
  21. xjma99

xjma99 NES Member

Although way over my head, a re-direct to the trump campaign 404 page with a pic of Hillary at a presidential podium with the message ‘sorry, you’re looking for something that doesn’t exist’ would be epic. With the amount of computer geeks here I’m sure someone could do this for sky soldier remotely....

22. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

I think you should at least change your SSID to say "I Love President Trump", or "Trump is your President".
    Then bump her off so when she logged back in she'd see it. That would definitely trigger her. Lol!

xjma99 likes this.
  23. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

Set up your own web server on a linux box and redirect a few key sites to ones of your own and pass the rest through. Imaging going to www.amazon.com and seeing "We have stopped selling today to honor our president, Donald Trump and his stance on trade".

24. ldi

ldi NES Member

I know a bare minimum about this stuff but can one of you computer geniuses connect remotely and help Sky out

xjma99 likes this.
  25. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Forum Curmudgeon NES Member

Well, I thought I would give you guy's an update.

I had doctors and hospital stuff all day, so I didn't get home until a couple of hours ago.

First, she called me 15 times today, and I never answered her or even listened to her 5 voicemail messages either.

When I got home, I had this note on my door:

Kim,

I need you help because I haven't been able to logon to my website or my facebook page all day!

My TV is working, so I don't think it is a problem with comcast, is your computer working?

I need you to see if you can fix my computer, or call comcast to see what the problem is.

Call me when you get home, I have been waiting all day!

Linda

First of all, I have no idea what she means when she talks about "her website," because she is barely
    computer literate. I had to help set up her old Windows 7 Laptop to access my WiFi, so I seriously doubt
    she has a her own website.

Then she knocked on my door....and I didn't want to deal with her so I just ignored her. Then she went around
    to the back of the building and started rapping on my bedroom window!

I figure I am going to let her stew for another day or say, then I am going to tell her that I reconfigured my
    system to ban access to Facebook, because it is a Liberal site that censors conservative viewpoints.

I really got pissed by her note, especially because it sounds like she is ordering me around....WTF!

I turned on the cable modem to post this reply, and am going to turn it back off for another 24 hours. I really
    only use it for my Phone, but there is an open xfinity wifi somewhere around here and it works fine for my phone.

Regarding the two lesbians and their shitting dog, I am printing up some little signs, and am making little
    flag holders with coat hangar wire.
    The sign says:

THIS PILE OF POOP IS A GIFT FROM
    YOUR NEIGHBORS IN APARTMENT 183

I will be putting it out tonight on the pile of poop they left this morning, and will get up early tomorrow to see if
    I can catch them on video when they find it. Should be interesting![smile]

Oh, and she is knocking on my door again![frown]

TLB, Evadd, sigfanboy13 and 19 others like this.
  26. TayNinh_66

TayNinh_66

Send trump campaign a $10 donation in her name. She will be flooded with donation requests for months.

cams, massgun, kalash and 4 others like this.
  27. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Forum Curmudgeon NES Member

I like that idea

amm5061, cockpitbob, xjma99 and 2 others like this.
  28. daveyburt

daveyburt NES Member

"rapping on my bedroom window" = crazy

Internet not working for her? - tell her she may have that virus you've heard of recently. Her computer may have been hijacked and the hijackers are using her internet connection.... <insert more crazy shit here>...
    She should bring in her computer as soon as possible for diagnostics/repair!! ...and monitor her bank accounts closely for the next few months!

massgun, cockpitbob, EddieA and 3 others like this.
  29. xtry51

xtry51

Bonus points for giving her an Indian scammer number and turning wifi back on so she can get syskey'd.

I love this thread.

xjma99 likes this.
  30. zboys

zboys NES Member

Sky, you Triggered her!

xjma99 likes this.