I don't have a shotgun - flame on

Thought costies only knew shotguns? šŸ˜Ž

few and far between.

Nope! Air Force Security forces loves their shotguns. First platform I learned how to run offensively.

Also, Mossberg 930s are a great gun. After you coat them in glue and drag them through the OR 3 Gun catalog. Still cheaper than a Benelli

I don't have a shotty. I trained for years on the Remington 870 riot and then the m870p with the trijicon sight.

Anything out there now (locally) that isn't rapey in price at this point?
Get a stock 870, purchase a slug barrel with rifle sights (get the RemChoke barrel if you can) and add a two-round magazine extension for a total of 6 rounds in the mag tube. Extra ammo can be carried in a sidesaddle ammo carrier or replace the stock with a SpeedFeed stock which will hold an extra 4 rounds. If you do the work yourself you can save some money. Plenty of aftermarket tactical accessories for the 870.

Iā€™d stick with the 870, just because we beat the dog piss out of them, literally threw them into and dragged them out of the back of safes often covered in dried up saltwater, neglected them, and the worst they ever showed for it was the constantly loose Trijicons.
No shit.
May I remind you your last thread about lever actions cost me $850 and resulted in a safe crisis?
Yeah........ LOL

For large squirrel problems
Winchester Marine
P1000772a.jpg

870 is a better shotgun, but I got a 500 years ago because thatā€™s what I used overseas.

I had it with a smooth bore 18.5ā€ loaded with tactical slugs and buck.... and it sat there for years. Silly really. Finally getting into hunting this year, so I updated to a 20ā€ with chokes. Iā€™ve now shot it more this year than in the past 10 years of ownership thanks to having a legitimate barrel. The barrel is a good bit thicker than the 18.5ā€. Itā€™s a little more front heavy now since the stock is hollow plastic, but it works. And will still function as a defensive shotgun if I absolutely had to. So, I recommend avoiding the smooth bores that canā€™t accept chokes. It is actually useful now as opposed to just sitting there.

Also, I canā€™t recommend a low profile red dot enough. It is fantastic on a shotgun. Hereā€™s mine, ready for a paint job:
BDA188D8-2366-4801-92DB-0C8782AB53C5.jpeg

If you are not going to beat the snot out of it, a Rem 870 isn't bad for the price, with an 18.5" barrel it is easily moved thru a house, the issue becomes if you go tacti-cool with a pistol grip which can make it a bit unwieldy, or stay with some sort of a collapsible stock... also with the 18.5" barrel you can add a +3 tube extention

Since you are in NH, the Mossberg Shockwave and its copies are as small a package as you are going to get, but then we get back to the point of aim and control of the weapon.

I don't have a shotty. I trained for years on the Remington 870 riot and then the m870p with the trijicon sight.

Anything out there now (locally) that isn't rapey in price at this point?
Buy a cheap bird gun. Cut the barrel. There is your tactical shotgun.

But good luck finding ammo.

Or get yourself a trench gun, the shotgun every shotgun wants to be. Men will want to be you. Women will want to be with you.

818a9d8e18071361a4962a120a9df917.jpg

Purchase an old 870 with a non-ribbed barrel. Cut the barrel to 18.5in. Purchase a barrel truing piloted reamer from Brownells true the barrel. Purchase a composite speed stock, and a magazine extension tube. If you want to complete the tac-cool purchase a bolt on heat shield. You will end up with a custom tac shotgun.

Purchase an old 870 with a non-ribbed barrel. Cut the barrel to 18.5in. Purchase a barrel truing piloted reamer from Brownells true the barrel. Purchase a composite speed stock, and a magazine extension tube. If you want to complete the tac-cool purchase a bolt on heat shield. You will end up with a custom tac shotgun.

Randy Weaver would disagree, buy a stock barrel

Merrimack Firearms just posted Mossy M590A1s....
Call before you make the drive...

Been there 3 times in last two months during Posted Shop Hours. (and I don't mean 5 minutes before closing time)

STORE HOURS
MON-FRI 10AM-6PM
SATURDAY 9AM-4PM
SUNDAY- CLOSED

Light off/door locked... Good Luck!

Problem: Detachable mags for shotguns have reliability issues due to ammo size and rim. And they're huge, 7 inches for 5 rounds.
Solution: Tavor TS-12. Three tubes, 15+1 rounds.
What problem does 16 rounds solve that 5 rounds of 12ga 00 Buck does not solve? Thought I lived in a bad neighborhood!

Behold a 1981 Remington 870 Police. But Im left-handed so use a Mossberg....

Back
Top Bottom