I did not know this.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No video here, just a Boomer meme. A leftist Boomer meme at that.
Is it really leftist? Seems like it is making fun of the push to remove history by renaming everything that may have been offensive at one point in time. I thought that was leftist, so mocking it is, um, not-leftist?

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it really leftist? Seems like it is making fun of the push to remove history by renaming everything that may have been offensive at one point in time. I thought that was leftist, so mocking it is, um, not-leftist?
I honestly don't know what this meme is attempting to achieve.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is....unless it is serious, then I don't know anything anymore. That would be it. Time for me to move to a mud hut in the middle of nowhere so I don't have to interact with society anymore.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that I must annoy some of you, but maybe if I explain that I am 75 and am in the last stage of pulmonary fibrosis and starting to go down hill faster now. I am on oxygen 24/7 and sick of TV so I watch a lot of You Tube. This gives me some time to pass the time that I have left. I have had a long and good life, but just waiting around for the end is not a good thing for anyone. I hope none of you go through what I am. It has been an honor to be able to be associated with all my friends on this chat room.

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I know that I must annoy some of you, but maybe if I explain that I am 75 and am in the last stage of pulmonary fibrosis and starting to go down hill faster now. I am on oxygen 24/7 and sick of TV so I watch a lot of You Tube. This gives me some time to pass the time that I have left. I have had a long and good life, but just waiting around for the end is not a good thing for anyone. I hope none of you go through what I am. It has been an honor to be able to be associated with all my friends on this chat room.
Glad to have you around..Add some of your own commentary and thoughts..be nice to know your take.

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Watch lots of gun videos! The world is your oyster! Glad to have you here and contributing.

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i think it's trying to make liberals heads explode because they worship native americans while despising all american historical figures who happened to own slaves.
Maybe, but because the left can't meme, it might be totally serious.

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Leftists like to pick and choose what is deemed "racist".

Prison population: racist
College affirmative admissions: not racist
Southern border protection: racist
Black-on-white hate crimes: not racist

mcb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
As an environmentalist this one hits hard...

When the Earth is sick, the animals will begin to disappear, when that happens, The Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them. -Chief Seattle

I guess it’s go time for me, wish me luck!

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Reductio ad absurdum. Turning the argument about changing names due to prior offenses, perceived or not, into something as ridiculous as changing a state name.
Reduction ad absurdum is a valid argument technique ... unlike ad hominem or red herring attacks. It is simply pointing out where logic leads. They are generally declared invalid by those on the other side, who will say things like "this is just a small reasonable regulation, you are being ridiculous claiming the logic will be used to justify additional bans". Many of the arguments presented against the proposed MA "Shooting exhibition regulations" involved the reductio argument, with our side pointing out things that were not in any way related to the stated plan - like requiring a police detail if one experienced shooter at a match gave some ammo to his buddy who didn't bring quite enough.

Also, the last I checked Seattle was a city, not a state.

A few short years ago, anyone claiming that the statute purging would be used to target Teddy Roosevelt, or that the Governor of North Dakota would have to defend Mt Rushmore against a tribal demand that it be removed, would be accused of mis using reductio ad absurdum.

An element of the statute purge beyond the obvious ones (after all, Germany does not have statues honoring famous SS generals) is power. If group A issues orders to group B, and group B acquiesces, group A has demonstrated power over group B. Really think there aren't a fair number of people who would love to elevate their power to the level that no one dare oppose renaming a city if they demand it, under threat of denouncement?

And what credibility would have been given to the reductio ad absurdum argument a couple of decades ago that if you said that rename streets would lead to the president using an executive order to rename Mr Mckinley to a more politically correct (to some) name?

To those of you in USPSA - I was accused of reductio ad absurdum by a member of the IPSC hierarchy when I claimed that creating politically correct headless targets would eventually result in the ban of headed targets. It took about 20 years for me to be proven right, but the sequence was
  1. Headless targets an equal option, but named the "Classic Target" in newspeak
  2. Headless targets the exclusive target of the World Shoot
  3. Headless targets moved before the headed target in the international IPSC rulebook to make it easier to print editions without the headed target to deceive some governments as to the nature of the sport
  4. Headless targets removed from the rulebook but remain legal
  5. Headless targets the ONLY allowed target
There was a great USPSA/IPSC scism around #3-#4 where IPSC was threatening USPSA with excommunication because "we are in charge and you are not" and USPSA was threatening to go its separate way. Eventually, an armistice was reached and each understood they would both operate under their own similar, but different, rulebooks.

Reductio ad absurdum is not just an argument technique; it can also serve as a predictor of things to come.

Last edited:

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
A few short years ago, anyone claiming that the statute purging would be used to target Teddy Roosevelt, or that the Governor of North Dakota would have to defend Mt Rushmore against a tribal demand that it be removed, would be accused of mis using reductio ad absurdum.
Ah, don't look now, but MT. Rushmore is in South Dakota.

Speaking of MT Rushmore, Howie Carr was saying that the loony leftists are claiming it's a monument to white supremacy.

So I called into the Chump Line and said "If MT Rushmore is a monument to white supremacy, why did they build it in the Black Hills and not the White Mountains ???"

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that the problem of racism today was started when the teachers became unionised and controlled by the democrats. They originally wanted to dumb down the blacks so they could be brainwashed to vote democrat. That worked, but the problem went further because the blacks AND the whites were integrated into the same schools so the white kids were dumb down also. Almost all the blacks I talk to here in north Georgia realize that the whites in general are not racist against the blacks. They realize that the white vote was the ones were the ones that voted in Obama. I also ask them not to tell people that they are African Americans that are just Americans. Also George Soros is funding much of these radicals. You may not know that during WWII Soros turned hundreds of Jews into the SS to be sent to the concentration camps and he WAS A JEW. The problem is our education system which produces blacks that are the most racism in this country. They are brought up to hate whites. Oh have you noticed that the mobs are against the whites, but not saying anything against the Muslims that want to kill anyone that doesn't believe in Muhammad.
Just my two cents.

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Joseph, sorry to hear your health is failing you. Do you need anything that can be easily mailed? I’ve got stacks of gun/ hunting/ fishing magazines. Do you have a DVD player? PM me if you like.

Oh and F*ck Seattle regardless. ;)

Top Bottom