I can't stop buying stuff. New Toy. Damn internet!!!!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
My name is Troy and I'm a spendaholic. Less then a week after spending most of my available cash on a Glock 30 Gen 4 my mind immediately started subconsciously deciding on what will be next. Well, it didn't wait a week before I was looking for a non-firearm weapon. After wasting many of hours going over reviews, web sites and auction sites I pull the trigger on a new purchase.

Say hello to my new little friend. A Barnett Jackal Crossbow! Rated the #1 crossbow in the $200-$400 range.

Jackal_zps56a055d5.jpg

Specs:

Draw Weight - 150 lbs
Ft. lbs of Energy - 91
Power Stroke - 12"
FPS - 315
Mass Weight - 7.7 lbs
Length - 36"
Width - 28.250"

Came with a three dot scope, pull string, shoulder strap, quiver, 9 carbon bolts w/ removable field tips , soft case, string wax and an extra set of strings for $300. Thinking it's a pretty decent deal and it's time to hit the range! Archery range that is! [smile]

I had a shoulder surgery so drawing a compound bow can hurt....I always wanted to get a crossbow for fun(I dont hunt) plus you can shoot that on your property ...nice score

That's why I'm happy I don't have expensive taste. Right now I'm the highest bidder on a shotgun for a whopping $100.

That is an itch I have been dying to scratch for a while now. It only got worse now that I have seen how many there are in the dicks and walmarts down here. Getting one has jumped up a few notches on the list now. Congrats on the new toy.

Nice score! I have 2 Barnett's myself. One is a 175lb. self-cocking Commando, and the other is a 150lb. Demon compound.

Every week I tell myself I'm done buying new toys, and then... I find something interesting and end up buying it. It's like a bad (good) habit. [smile]

I have an ammo / magazine / upgrade problem... But I can handle it. Really. I could quit anytime I wanted to. ...Every winter I either upgrade/modify or accessorize a firearm I already have.

After a lot of false starts and a few " what was I thinking ? " purchases , I have what guns I want for fun , recreation and the impending End of the World.

I've actually shifted a large portion of my discretionary spending to more food and survivalist type gear. It makes me happy and it's sensible.

But , I have started hearing voices in my head : " night vision ... Niiiiiiighttttt viiissssiiooonnnnn ... 8 thousand dollars is nothing if you can own the night .... Do it ... "

Range report??? Tell us how it shoots!

I'm sad to say that I wasn't able to make it to the range this weekend. Family obligations ate into my free time. Plus a nice ride on the Harley took the last of the sunshine yesterday. I'm off one day this week and I'm going to the range on that day. Looking forward to it.

" night vision ... Niiiiiiighttttt viiissssiiooonnnnn ... 8 thousand dollars is nothing if you can own the night .... Do it ... "

Oh, I've been looking. I'm thinking a Gen 3 unit. I can probably swing that after saving up for a while. I'd love a thermal unit, but that is a pipe dream.

That is pretty sweet looking, I have thought about getting one but I am sticking with my compound bow for now.

This brings up a questions that someone asked me the other day. Are there any restrictions for a crossbow or bow on base? It is not a firearm and I couldn't find any answer to his question. I understand that guns a prohibited on base unless you declare and check them upon entry but is something like this allowed in your trunk?

Are there any restrictions for a crossbow or bow on base? It is not a firearm and I couldn't find any answer to his question. I understand that guns a prohibited on base unless you declare and check them upon entry but is something like this allowed in your trunk?

Check with the MP's or whoever you have enforcing those types of policies. Usually its up to the base/post commander and some places may allow them

Ha....I can relate to the addiction thing.
Ruger P345
Rem 700 in .308
Lotsa scopes
AR 15
and the latest really cool rifle...Winchester model 100 semi in .308 (w/aftermarket hi-cap clips of course)
Oh, almost forgot the Browning BAR in 300 win mag
Plus all the stuff you just have to have that goes along
Nightvision??? You read my mind, how bad ass is that?

I'm in the same boat. I just recently bought a M&P 9 CORE with a JPoint, and then went and bought an Olympic recurve bow.

1383589_953754237147_1589500599_n.jpg

If I knew how to shoot a bow that probably would be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom