• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I CANT F"IN TAKE THIS ANYMORE......... OFFICIAL "WHY I COLLECT" PICS THREAD

Well if your going to go all handgun on us how about I share a US PROPERTY British .38/200 before I let it go. Unusual because it's not chopped or bore to .38 special.

62a62175.jpg

0452c2e3.jpg

I should photo the crap out of it with my '41 Enfield.
41t011a_zps7962efa5.jpg

Cheers

Is there a central them here or is it just wide open? LOL

These all came with a massive amount amount of accessories.
94f7eb47.jpg

Maninblue:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Maninblue1861
i hate you... lol

That makes me sad. LOL ;)
3f6191a1.jpg

..MJ..
622e1de5.jpg

Well then if we are going to toss in some modern guns I can post this 1950's unfired Argentino Navy. In a box some place I have the unissued holster too.

5c2910f2.jpg

Cheersd
...MJ...
'69 Husky 400MX
899b11af.jpg

Well then if we are going to toss in some modern guns I can post this 1950's unfired Argentino Navy. In a box some place I have the unissued holster too.

5c2910f2.jpg

Serial #102 and original finish? Nice Systema 1927!

Last edited:
Dispersal? For us non-Brit collectors.

MS

The production of the SMLE was stopped in the UK when they switched over to the No. 4. (IT was continued in India and Australia) However, because of Dunkirk and other heavy loses very early in the war, the Brits were very very hard up for rifles. There were many parts left over from the production of SMLE's and so those were put to use. But this was also during the Blitz and many of the established factories were getting hit. There was also a need for some new SMLE parts to be made so they could take advantage of all the left over parts. These parts were made at small dispersed factories and then the parts were all brought together and the rifles assembled by Birmingham Small Arms. The one in my picture has a very poorly struck B. Any UK made SMLE with a post 1939 date will be a Dispersal, marked with the B of BSA and factory put together from parts from various sources. It is one of the harder to find types of SMLE's.

A peddle scheme would be the harder of the types of SMLE's to find.

PS This was done quickly from memory as I am headed out the door. Please feel free to correct if I got any of it wrong. :)

I think you covered it well. There was a little more bombing involved. I took a tour and saw some of the damage still visible today.

Maybe an Enfield thread someday.

Back
Top Bottom