• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I CANT F"IN TAKE THIS ANYMORE......... OFFICIAL "WHY I COLLECT" PICS THREAD

Love this thread! My one and only (for now) but my family heirloom treasure...

100% matching and perfect condition... built in 1917, captured from the head of a Hitler Youth detachment by my grandfather and brought back from the war in 1945. Fired on V-J day, then cleaned and put away for 66 years.

That is magnificent.

Ishevsk Brothers.

IMAG0625.jpg

Brothers from another mother, Czech and Yugo Mausers

mausers004.jpg

Steyr M95 straight pull bolt.

cr009.jpg

How have I not seen this movie?!?! Just looked it up on imfdb.org... queued up and ready to watch on Netflix tonight!!

The plot has more holes than a mountain of Swiss Cheese, the acting is terrible, but you'll never see a 30 Mauser with a supporting role like this.

The plot has more holes than a mountain of Swiss Cheese, the acting is terrible, but you'll never see a 30 Mauser with a supporting role like this.
Haha.. well, I still haven't seen the second Sherlock Holmes movie yet, and apparently there are Schnellfeuer Broomhandles all over it! Probably better acting, even if the Schnellfeuer is historically out of context. [wink]

Love this thread! My one and only (for now) but my family heirloom treasure...

100% matching and perfect condition... built in 1917, captured from the head of a Hitler Youth detachment by my grandfather and brought back from the war in 1945. Fired on V-J day, then cleaned and put away for 66 years.

C96.jpg

Awesome! It doesn't get any better than that.

Last edited:
This thread is SO much fun!!! I hoped to be able to post of my new 41 VKT M39 nagant with Austrian arsenal marks on the receiver that I received today..... But when I unboxed it I found it had a very badly cracked stock! Not really a very happy afternoon ( made worse that the seller hasn't replied to my emails).

Thanks for sharing

Why do I collect?
There are the ones you beg to own, right Ray?
IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

and there are those that fall in your lap at such a price you can't walk away

IMG_0523.jpg

52 non refurb

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg
'

IMG_2309.jpg

MJ1, not sure i understand the beach and the sunset in this thread, but I might as well share something from my neck of the woods. Anyone see Martin lately?

BFM- while hiking 10 miles deep in the white mountains. I was packing my 38 , but I doubt he would have been impressed

IMG_1500.jpg

You don't like the sea or food then you need to get out more. LOL But if it bothers you I will pull them down but I just love the life around me.

DSCF0041_zps84936752.jpg

..MJ..

I saw this hiking in July and all I had was a stick and a beer. LOL

76501_452059478170497_315893448_n_zpsb0e8bfb4.jpg

Last edited:
I was parked by the sulfur pits in Yellowstone last year and one of those big critters padded up behind us and it was big. When I turned it's chin was a good foot over my head. It then walked away while I stood with my eyes bugged out as it glided through the trees and some how didn't catch it's antlers or what ever you call them. All I got was a view of it's giant ass going into the woods. Gave big a whole new meaning,,LOL.

Five at 100 yards.
2102848b.jpg

Why do I collect?
There are the ones you beg to own, right Ray?
IMG_0849.jpg

Indeed.

You can add this pic to your files since she's yours now [wink]

100_1511.jpg

Pretty sure I used that shot in one of the Parallax Bill photo contests years back. That reminds me... is that where I know you from MJ1? I remember some of the pics and the name sounds familiar.

Bill's place was one of those stone-age places from when the VP at the time invented the internet? I didn't have a camera back then just a Polaroid. Plus his host site made it all but impossible to log on as I recall.

7b042a04.jpg
7b042a04.jpg

Last edited:
Bill's place was one of those stone-age places from when the VP at the time invented the internet? I didn't have a camera back then just a Polaroid. Plus his host site made it all but impossible to log on as I recall.

Have you posted here before? I know I remember you from somewhere.

Light grey parkerized finish CZ52. Original Bakelite grips, 7.62x25 Tokarev

002-24.jpg

Fast forward a few years, Mak Daddy. CZ82 9x18 Makarov, black phosphate.

cr004.jpg

One more com bloc, Polish TT33 Tokarev.

cr006.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom