I can't believe this

Yes I think I saw something about "the red town express" stopping there

I can't find any of those threads now.

Yeah the Red Town Express doesn't come up in a search anymore? Funny, [tinfoil]

Status Quo for Weymouth. He is also buddy buddy with that POS that owns Hunters Trading Post.

I think maybe too many people were bitching about it, and he asked for it to be deleted. Just a WAG, but I think that's what happened. Because I just looked, and all of them are now deleted. [rolleyes] That lasted long.

That's like getting letters in the mail from a car dealership saying that your car should be due for an oil change, or some kind of maintenance. GTFO of my mailbox.

.... like my friends who come to me and say " well, the guy at the tire place said it was time to change my brake and power steering fluid"...
What kind of sic person changes their power steering fluid???

What kind of sic person changes their power steering fluid???

When it gets brown and smells burned it's time to change it.
It's really not that unusual, especially on trucks nearing the quarter million mile mark.
Realistically, you'll probably blow a PS hose before that and new fluid will then be added anyway.

Weymouth is also the town that doesn't allow self-service gas stations because the fire chief thinks people pumping their own gas are too likely to cause a fire.

Qualifier: I've not lived in the area in a few years now so things might have changed, but one of my (flaming liberal teacher) friends just loved the fact that all stations in the town were full service.

If you find yourself in this position (assuming you didn't wait until the day before your LTC expired), I would contact all of the people who purport to represent you at the town/city and state level and GOAL. This is not a new problem and it has an old solution - politics.

People in politics get away with whatever the sun can't reach.

The ruling class in MA would just as soon not let you have one at all, why would they care?

- - - Updated - - -

Qualifier: I've not lived in the area in a few years now so things might have changed, but one of my (flaming liberal teacher) friends just loved the fact that all stations in the town were full service.

Nope, it's still like that. My fiance grew up there. Apparently they also won't accept out of state licenses in restaurants there anymore. She can't even get a drink in her hometown.

but now he will be forced to be unlicensed for a week how is this ok?
They way I've always understood it is he'd still be technically licensed, and charged with some pissant charge with a $500 fine attached, which will get dropped when he apply's/receives a new license. He doesn't instantly become a felon on an expired LTC.

What does a PD do if they receive an envelope with all the application papers in it?

You'd still have to go in for the (to be scheduled) interview.

--jcr

When it gets brown and smells burned it's time to change it.
It's really not that unusual, especially on trucks nearing the quarter million mile mark.
Realistically, you'll probably blow a PS hose before that and new fluid will then be added anyway.

What type of sick person doesn't change their power steering fluid?

Nope, it's still like that. My fiance grew up there. Apparently they also won't accept out of state licenses in restaurants there anymore. She can't even get a drink in her hometown.

Don't blame the town: That's a State rule:

Acceptable Forms of ID: Acceptable Forms of ID:
•A valid driver's license issued by the registry of motor vehicles.
•A liquor purchase identification card issued by the registry of motor vehicles
•Military identification card
•Valid passport

The above is from the state's website.

Oh, and stories like this is why some people have both an LTC and FID.

What does a PD do if they receive an envelope with all the application papers in it?

You'd still have to go in for the (to be scheduled) interview.

Yup. I dropped off my application (and the all important check) in April. Got a call a week later from the LO to schedule my "interview" in June for him to take prints, photos and type my application into the computer.

Don't blame the town: That's a State rule:

Acceptable Forms of ID: Acceptable Forms of ID:
•A valid driver's license issued by the registry of motor vehicles.
•A liquor purchase identification card issued by the registry of motor vehicles
•Military identification card
•Valid passport

The above is from the state's website.

Oh, and stories like this is why some people have both an LTC and FID.

That is not the law exactly. The above posted means that it will help absolve them from prosecution if anything happens so long as they checked one of those ID's. Businesses can accept any ID they want. The state does not mandate that they only accept those.

In MA, atleast.

Back
Top Bottom