I cannot believe nobody has posted this.

hmmm, mr. enbloc...sounds like you crowned yourself king. [pot]

p.s. just teasing [laugh]

A King of Fools...
iu

Been down this road a bit in logistics. A Church to anchor it on is the secret to securing a presence and maintaining it against legal and administrative red tape.

Why do you think the nut jobs always do it? That protection goes deep.

I'm no lawyer but I do have the internet.

Wouldn't it be possible to form a limited partnership for the initial land grab that then starts a corporation, that would then issue shares, the majority being the initial LP who would sell their shares to members. The corporation then starts a 501.C that actually owns the land and takes in any maintenance.

Been down this road a bit in logistics. A Church to anchor it on is the secret to securing a presence and maintaining it against legal and administrative red tape.

Why do you think the nut jobs always do it? That protection goes deep.

Two words: Janet Reno

gettyimages-526765052-9d7de67e-9c52-43a6-b98a-4d5c07eee326.jpg

The way to do it would be to form a club, then the club buys the land. King & Bartlett comes to mind. I don't know what the buy-in is to be a member, but it's probably pretty steep: They own 88,000 acres.
A new club (call it Northeast Shooters) would sell full memberships at say, $10,000. Get 20 members and you have $200K to purchase land with. BUT, who can build? And where on that land can you build? Who gets the nicest lots? Lots would have to be sold for an additional fee to members at a price equal to an agreed value. Hilltop lots are going to cost more than swamp. What if nobody can't stand the dick nextdoor? Can he be booted out? What about somebody who's late on their share of the property taxes?
It sounds like a nightmare.

The way to do it would be to form a club, then the club buys the land. King & Bartlett comes to mind. I don't know what the buy-in is to be a member, but it's probably pretty steep: They own 88,000 acres.
A new club (call it Northeast Shooters) would sell full memberships at say, $10,000. Get 20 members and you have $200K to purchase land with. BUT, who can build? And where on that land can you build? Who gets the nicest lots? Lots would have to be sold for an additional fee to members at a price equal to an agreed value. Hilltop lots are going to cost more than swamp. What if nobody can't stand the dick nextdoor? Can he be booted out? What about somebody who's late on their share of the property taxes?
It sounds like a nightmare.

I think I'll just invest in more fence and ammo. ;)

If it can ride a dirt bike/ atv their too I’d be in..
Quite serious with the right charter and group.

Last edited:
Awesome. Do you come up now and then? I'd love to check it out.
Honestly, I haven't been up there for a few years. I'm on 11 acres in Salem, and just hunt out in my back yard. If you're familiar with the area, come in on Mountain Rd to the end, the road drops down to a sort of cul de sac before the wetland. Cross that, and the corner of the property is about 40' beyond that, on the left side of the road.

If it can ride a dirt bike/ atv their too I’d be in..
Quite serious with the right charter and group.
It's on a class 6 road, not maintained. No problem with ATVs or snowmobiles. Shit, get 5 NESers together, buy it in a Trust, I'd even consider carrying the note at interest only for 5 years with $10k down, int only, and you'd have a place to hunt, camp, shoot, that no one could kick you off of. It's also fully surveyed. You can go to nhdeeds.com and pull up the map. 5 guys/gals, $2k each buy in (+ closing costs) and $15k interest only at 5% for 5 years, balloon pmt at the 5 year point. $125 a month per person. Not a bad investment for a piece of private reserve.

What about “local neighborhoods,” Fed EPA, and state equivalent? Plus any remedial costs required if sold?

As far as property tax, if set up as a 501(c)(6) or (7), you may be eligible for relief from property tax. If anyone wants to seriously consider this, let me know and I’ll assist in any way possible.

Back
Top Bottom