I bought a safe today!

I don't know why but I'm really excited! It's just a safe, but after spending weeks and weeks reading through forums and watching youtube videos I can't wait to see it installed in the house. There was a common theme through all the forums and various articles and that was buy bigger than you think you need!

I drove out to Eastern Security in Mendon and Brian spent an hour and a 1/2 with me and showed me different safes and features. In the end, I went with the Liberty Lincoln 50 which is pretty big... Cry once right? Eastern is going to deliver and lag it down for me as well, like most people on here I highly recommend you take a trip out there. I only want to buy once and figure I'll have this safe for a long time, I know there is a lot of debate over dial vs electronic and in the end I put on my tinfoil hat and went with the dial.

The only downside is that I'm going to be a 1/4 inch short getting it through a door on the inside, I'll have to pull a door frame out to get the safe in. No big deal, makes it harder to steal right? [thinking]

Lincoln 50 Gun Safe Review - YouTube

Woo Hoo! [rockon]

congrats! Brian was great to us too. The guys that came out to deliver ours did a great job and were extremely careful. We had to remove some molding too [wink]

I need to pick one up. I live in a condo though. I'm pretty sure I can bolt it to the floor, I don't think the association owns that part... Wife is trying to convince me that just a cabinet is enough, I think it might be, we live in a really safe area and are in a huge "luxury" condo complex, but for piece of mind I kind of want to get a rather inexpensive safe. Thoughts? I don't own any rifles yet, I'm planning on owning at most 3, and I have 2 pistols so far.

I had to disassemble my doorframe to get my save in as well. Just be sure you tack it back together with removable nails rather than glue the trim in place.

You can also get room by removing the lock, but that's a bit more complex process.

Good move on the mechanical lock - electronic locks can fail and, when they do, you will not get any out of warranty lockout support from Eastern except at their standard rate - and they are not real "safe men". Another good idea is to remove the door, tape a ruler somewhere for scale, and get a set of photos of linkages, relockers, etc. If the lock ever fails, having this on file will be of invaluable assistance when forcing your way into the safe (which, with the right information, can generally be done in a repairable manner).

I need to pick one up. I live in a condo though. I'm pretty sure I can bolt it to the floor, I don't think the association owns that part... Wife is trying to convince me that just a cabinet is enough, I think it might be, we live in a really safe area and are in a huge "luxury" condo complex, but for piece of mind I kind of want to get a rather inexpensive safe. Thoughts? I don't own any rifles yet, I'm planning on owning at most 3, and I have 2 pistols so far.

Stack-On 8 holds 3 or 4 rifles, assortment of pistols, ammo, mags, etc. Bolt it together for $100 or so. Light, easily fits in back of closet and bolts to the floor. Not really the most secure safe in the world, but meets MA storage regs.

Congrats! When I was a kid I would buy those little cedar chests with the mini padlock when we would go camping. I felt the same excitement when I bought my safe but store much cooler treasures! Only wish I could get that cedar smell again :). Oh, and I bought my safe from Eastern too, great shop!

hope you didn't pay sales tax.

DITTO - BIG TIME

I bought a small safe - more like at box - at Dick's. They charged me tax.

So it was like $2. Still, Deval is just going to piss it away.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any place local to buy one of those stack-ons? North shore or eastern MA.

Yeah, Dicks. $25 - but they charge Sales Tax.

Four Seasons has them, too, for very little more. Four Seasons won't charge Tax. They know better.

Dicks website shows Stack-On safes, but not cabinets. Do they have the cabinets in store? I'm looking more for ammo storage.

I know BJ's sells the stack on gun safe. not a bad price either if I remember correctly.
for whatever reason they are not on the website, but I was just there the other day with the mother in-law and they had 2 different ones for display right by the front door.

Congrats. I've been eyeballing the LX 35 model.

They're works of art.

WTF is with all the epic threadjacking too? Sheesh. [wink]

Last edited:
I ordered a Dakota Interloc-XP from them yesterday as well!

It's probably going to be too small, but we rent this house and won't be here for more than another year. Tough to justify the shipping/installation costs.

I don't know why but I'm really excited! It's just a safe, but after spending weeks and weeks reading through forums and watching youtube videos I can't wait to see it installed in the house. There was a common theme through all the forums and various articles and that was buy bigger than you think you need!

I drove out to Eastern Security in Mendon and Brian spent an hour and a 1/2 with me and showed me different safes and features. In the end, I went with the Liberty Lincoln 50 which is pretty big... Cry once right? Eastern is going to deliver and lag it down for me as well, like most people on here I highly recommend you take a trip out there. I only want to buy once and figure I'll have this safe for a long time, I know there is a lot of debate over dial vs electronic and in the end I put on my tinfoil hat and went with the dial.

The only downside is that I'm going to be a 1/4 inch short getting it through a door on the inside, I'll have to pull a door frame out to get the safe in. No big deal, makes it harder to steal right? [thinking]

Lincoln 50 Gun Safe Review - YouTube

Woo Hoo! [rockon]

Canon safe american eagle at Eastern Security w/ dial 13 years ago

Just bought a 16 gun safe from Dick's a few days ago, stack-on but Field & Stream branded. 550 and they didnt charge me sales tax.

Back
Top Bottom