• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

i bought a Mosin Nagant and it only cost me $53 plus tax

Actualy I bought Mosin Nagant riffle (all numbers matching made in 1943) at cabelas the other day for $99 and had $56 in cabelas bucks.
They had 40 of them on a rack, all where in realy good condition, actual it was a problem, to many to choose from.
Now I have to get educated. It completly needs to be cleaned since it is packed with cosmoline.
Another New caliber for me.

Now i have to wait 14 days, CT law, so i have to go back and pick it up.

Nice score ..14 days after paying for your gun has to feel like an eternity!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

14 Days! Wow, I thought a two day delay was bad!

Nice score though, can't go wrong.

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk not while driving! ;-)

I see no reason why you need to be educated. I'm thinking that a lot of us would actually like to be taught by you on how to buy Mosins for $53!

Mosins are awesome, but not as awesome and Enfields. But they come in second place for me.

I am glad to hear that CT sees the wisdom in making gun nuts wait 14 days to add another gun to their collection. Just think of all the murders by Mosins that are being prevented! [wink]

Yes the delay will kill me a little, Already read up on disassembly, alot of parts in there, espacialy the Magazine.
ya I have been meaning to get my out of state permit for CT but what a pain in the arse they make it. At least you could buy a long or shot gun without a dam LTC/FID
I have a biz in CT so i pass by cabelas every other week or so so not a problem, infact I'll deduct the mileage.
I ordered 880 rounds of ammo so i'll have to pick that up at the other office too.
It amazing so much info online for the 91/30.

They are very simple to disassemble. The first time you break it down, you'll see there's nothing to them. Slide the barrel bands off, unscrew two screws and that's basically 90% of it.

I bought some big foil roasting pans, put all the small parts (disassembled bolt, magazine, trigger, butt plate, tools, oil bottle, etc...) in the oven at ~200 degrees for an hour. That took care of most of the goo. I used a heat gun on the receiver and barrel to liquify the cosmo, and then I just cleaned up the wood with simple green. It was much easier than I expected.

After firing 10-20 rounds I got a little seepage out of the wood, wiped it off, and they've been clean ever since.

Good luck, and nice score.

762.54r.net more info than you care to need at this point, if you get the bug you will dig deep into it. My MN bug was nipped by US milsurps and funding for my little adventure into service rifle shooting

7.62 has tons of info. There are a couple other Mosin nagant forums that are great too. I browse all three, but only post on one.

I have a couple mosins and love them. As it was said they are simple to completely take apart and reassemble. The first time I assembled one it was from a pile of parts that had been disassembled by a co-worker who was re-bluing all the parts, he went home and I put the rifle back together having not seen how it came apart. They are very self-explanatory to put together.

I actually have enough spare mosin parts that all I need is a barreled action and I could put another rifle together.

Been searching the auction site for a cheap one to buy.

Edit: $15 for a barreled receiver. Thank you c&r. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom