I am not sure I can shoot my glock 19 correctly.

If you FA-10 it to me I will then tell you what is wrong with it.

Edit: God damn it Penny I had dibs

they shoot like that right before they blow up !
Kidding , I shot my glock high and left when I first got it. It took some time before I was able to correct my trigger manipulation. I shoot my m9 with no problem at all. Keep practicing and maybe look into a trigger polish/job.

How long have you had the glock?
How often do you shoot it?

My Glock was my first firearm purchased in November of 2012. Then I bought my SR22 the middle of December. The SIG was purchased mid January. I started practicing my shooting in November and I shoot about 100 rounds through the Glock weekly. I try not to shoot the SIG because its really easy to shoot.

I had the Glock sights adjusted with a laser by a Glock smith thinking that was the problem, but honestly, it didn't help for sh!t.

My recomendation is sell the glock and buy something else you like or keep practicing. you don't HAVE to own a glock. In this market if you have some high cap mags to throw in you have enough to buy a 1911. try one of those out and see how they shoot.

Hows the trigger feel? Have you stripped it and looked at what spring you have? When i got my 19, it was tough. Sure enough, had the NY1 spring. Changed to factory 5lb with ghost rocket and now its buttery smooth.

Sent from my Apple I

Looks like you're tightening your grip as you pull the trigger. Your hand is anticipating the recoil. Concentrate on a smooth trigger pull and keep your grip relatively relaxed (not loose, but not a death grip either).

I really doubt the Glock is broken, but it could be that it's not a good match for you.

BTW, you seem to have this bad habit with the other guns as well, but it's more pronounced with the Glock. All the groups are shifted left.

Try a lot of dry firing and watch that front site.

The group you are shooting with the Glock is about the same size as the Ruger or the Sig, so it is just an issue of trigger pull. You should be able to figure out why you are pulling to the left. What distance are you shooting at?

Looks like you're tightening your grip as you pull the trigger. Your hand is anticipating the recoil. Concentrate on a smooth trigger pull and keep your grip relatively relaxed (not loose, but not a death grip either).

I really doubt the Glock is broken, but it could be that it's not a good match for you.

I dont think its broken, I just cant shoot it as well as my other firearms. I will head to the range later this week and try loosening my grip.

BTW, you seem to have this bad habit with the other guns as well, but it's more pronounced with the Glock. All the groups are shifted left.

Try a lot of dry firing and watch that front site.

I was thinking that it may infact be the way i pull the trigger. My grouping isnt bad, i just tend to pull to the left. My other 2 firearms are DA/SA, and i only shoot them cocked, so it would make sense why i am more accurate with the other 2 even though they pull to the left.

The group you are shooting with the Glock is about the same size as the Ruger or the Sig, so it is just an issue of trigger pull. You should be able to figure out why you are pulling to the left. What distance are you shooting at?

I am shooting it at about 50 feet. Maybe a pinch more. I use the center of the pad before my first knuckle on my index finger to shoot. curling my finger in, i am noticing that it does tend to pull to the right which would make sense on why my shots are always to the left. How do you tend to pull your trigger?

Hows the trigger feel? Have you stripped it and looked at what spring you have? When i got my 19, it was tough. Sure enough, had the NY1 spring. Changed to factory 5lb with ghost rocket and now its buttery smooth.

Sent from my Apple I
Its not the New York spring, but it may just be my trigger pull. I use the center of the pad before my first knuckle on my index finger. Sitting here mimicking a trigger pull, i do see it pulling to the right which makes sense why i am shooting to the left.

The only thing that needs to be tightened is the nut behind the trigger.

The Glock trigger is hard to master. Most right-handed shooters who are novices will pull shots low and left when using a Glock. The only solution is hours and hours of dry-firing.

If you are having accuracy problems, I think 50 feet is a bit far to be correcting them.

The only thing that needs to be tightened is the nut behind the trigger.

The Glock trigger is hard to master. Most right-handed shooters who are novices will pull shots low and left when using a Glock. The only solution is hours and hours of dry-firing.

Well, i am shooting a whole lot better with it now than when i first got it. When i first got it, i was always low, to the left.

I will confess, i don't dry fire as often as i should. Should i use snap caps, or is dry firing without a snap cap alright?

It's fine to dry fire a Glock without snap caps. On the Glock trigger: Take up the firing-spring-loading slack, then press (not pull - think of it like pressing the clicky top of a ball point pen) until the shot breaks.

sell it and buy something you shoot well.

I do shoot other firearms well, but I don't think selling it will solve my issue. I would rather identify my problem shooting my Glock and fix it, than never correct the problem and sell it because I am having difficulty. I just cant run away from the problem. Its not in my nature to walk away from a challenge.

Well, i am shooting a whole lot better with it now than when i first got it. When i first got it, i was always low, to the left.

I will confess, i don't dry fire as often as i should. Should i use snap caps, or is dry firing without a snap cap alright?

You don't need snap caps to dry fire the Glock. Spend 15 minutes dry firing each night.

- - - Updated - - -

sell it and buy something you shoot well.

I think that is premature.

MAYBE your finger is too high on the Glock trigger? It has that "safe action trigger" which if your finger is not low enough only moves a short distance before it is stopped. Use the very tip of your index finger toward the bottom of the trigger and pull very, very slow.
This is just my newb advice, take it with a grain of salt.

I was useless with my first G19 I had in my early 20's. Being so used to a light 1911 trigger, I looked like a fool trying to keep rounds in just the 8 ring at 25 yards. I traded it towards a Para P12 which is still the biggest firearms-related mistake I've ever made. A few years ago I picked up another G19 to give it another chance. I'm much more confident with the Glock now that I know I can hit what I'm aiming at.

So, to echo others here, dry fire it until you learn how to keep that perfect sight picture right through the trigger break. It's tough at first but you'll get the hang of it.

You don't need snap caps to dry fire the Glock. Spend 15 minutes dry firing each night.

Yup... Even 5 minutes a day will result in a big improvement.

I think that is premature.

Yes, particularly considering that most "wah I hate my glock" types, like 90% of them, will end up buying it again at some point. Most don't leave forever. (I know, I was one of those people).

The learning curve isn't that bad, but the platform is unforgiving to trigger jerking or flinching, although it's not nearly as bad as something like a j-frame is in that regard.

-Mike

50' is a pretty long pistol shot. I think that you just need a little more time to get used to it.
Also, the Glock 19 was never meant to be a target pistol. I know that everyone wants every shot in the 10 ring, but be realistic and really give some thought to your accuracy. If you were shooting at a man sized target, everyone of those shots would have impacted the target in the chest, and he would be having a very bad day.
Try moving closer and start at 15'. Then slowly move back. It will help you a lot. But let me tell you. That is pretty good shooting.

Keep up the good work. [cheers]

It could be the angle of the grip. Some people modify the grip. There are videos out there. There are some small companies that will do it for you, too. Google "Glock grip reduction."

It could be the angle of the grip. Some people modify the grip. There are videos out there. There are some small companies that will do it for you, too. Google "Glock grip reduction."

There are gunsmiths who will do this locally.... Lou @ Business End does these last I knew, and every one of them I've seen has been top notch. You can also save the exorbitant costs of shipping a pistol around, too.

-Mike

Glocks train you how to fire them properly. Thats part of the package you get with a Glock. I think you learn to adjust after a while.

Well, after swearing off my Sig p229, and my Ruger SR22 for the last few months, i finally got used to my Glock. This is at the same range at about 50 still. It took me literally about a thousand rounds of ammo, and a grip master (Amazon.com: Gripmaster Hand Exerciser: Sports & Outdoors) but i can finally shoot the Glock and not always pull to the left. It was 100% trigger control and lack of proper grip pull on my end. None of it was the firearm at all. Thank you to everyone who gave me great advice. It helped a ton!
IMG_20130611_092943_585.jpg

Back
Top Bottom