• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I am not Buying from Black Bullets Anymore

I think you’d be better off using bullets from any of the other coated bullet companies. I don’t really hear many complaints from the other big coated bullet companies. Can’t say that about BBs.
I guess that would explain why they have no problem shipping in under a week while everyone else is backed up for months

I'm anxious to try Bayou Bullets, but I'm currently still waiting on an order I placed 11 weeks ago. Hopefully I'll get them by the end of the year. But, if primers don't also start to show up by then I won't be able to do anything with them.

No. No. Precision Bullets are garbage. ;-) At least that's what I tell everyone.

Ha. No in all seriousness. Precision Bullets are my go to pistol bullet. They work flawlessly. I've recovered several of the bullets and the coating is always 100% intact after they are fired. David Long, the owner is also a great guy, very responsive.

My other go to is Precision Delta for jacketed bullets. But they aren't taking back orders at this time.

This doesn't excuse them but could you load them in 9mm? Either as they are or resized to .356?
.357 should work in other 9mm guns. So yes, I could.

I am still waiting on the credit card company. I won't touch the bullets in case BB decides to Email me back and send me a shipping label to avoid the charge back.

I've used bullets from too many companies to list. I shoot mostly offhand handgun so I can't notice a difference until I get out to 1 or 2 hundred yards. I guess a precision rifle shooter would be more demanding. A couple that have done well are Precision and King's.

Well for one thing they'd be way too light
Perfect for Sky Marshals? [rofl]

I still remember there was this brief shining period when the Feds had
announced that they had selected a gun 'n ammo for Sky Marshals,
but had not revealed what they were.

Someone wrote a magazine article hypothesizing that
they were going to use sabot-wrapped bullets
with teentsy razor blades on the side;
razor blades canted against the rifling-induced spin direction.
So that they had a very short range, and wouldn't hurt the airframe much.

Maybe @Michael J. Spangler and @Boris can collaborate on
finally bringing the .38 Gillette to reality.

You're the experts, but I think you need to combine these three concepts:

Gillette Triple-Trac Razor

0*TJTBeTaIhPgVcpLZ.

Perfect for Sky Marshals? [rofl]

I still remember there was this brief shining period when the Feds had
announced that they had selected a gun 'n ammo for Sky Marshals,
but had not revealed what they were.

Someone wrote a magazine article hypothesizing that
they were going to use sabot-wrapped bullets
with teentsy razor blades on the side;
razor blades canted against the rifling-induced spin direction.
So that they had a very short range, and wouldn't hurt the airframe much.

Maybe @Michael J. Spangler and @Boris can collaborate on
finally bringing the .38 Gillette to reality.

You're the experts, but I think you need to combine these three concepts:

Gillette Triple-Trac Razor

0*TJTBeTaIhPgVcpLZ.

I’m game. Let’s go @Boris

Impressive.
Why not just make the bullets out of coating?
As posted above. Too light. They have some copper plastic matrix type bullets out there but they’re kind of like those zinc bullets. Ultra light and fast moving which is really set up for specialized applications.

As posted above. Too light.
To underscore, I was just teasing.

By analogy with some stand-up joke that's gnawing at my memory...
...ah, here it is:

Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?​
- Steven Wright​

But if discussing the coating's formulation
helps someone learn something,
that's a bonus.

...ah, here it is:

- Steven Wright​

that's a bonus.
Got it! Steven Wright was amazing wasn’t he?

...ah, here it is:

- Steven Wright​

that's a bonus.

That was actually the first thing I thought of and almost paraphrased him!

Some time back I had the opportunity to get Black Bullets at a steep discount. I ordered a quantity to test against the Ibejiheads (green) I was then (and, more than any other manufacturer, still ) loading.

A simple test for the quality of the coating is to squish a bullet in a vise. Properly applied coating stays on, inferior coating flakes off.
Here are the squishing results.

The coating even turned my fingers black while loading.
I loaded a few hundred, 180g .40, and shot for accuracy. Initially the accuracy was on par with my standard Ibejiheads load, but after about 200 my groups opened up. My barrel was leaded.

I continue to pay full price for Ibejiheads instead of discounted rate for Black Bullets.

I did something similar maybe in 2017 or 2018. My results were identical, never ordered from them again.

Keep an eye on that account. I dont know if you've ever done a charge back before, but some CC will give you the benefit and just refund, then reverse the whole process when the company responds.

Yeah sometimes its a temporary credit while they investigate. Other times, depending on the card and the amount and perhaps the history of the merchant, it will just be permanent off the bat. They will tell you if its temp.

Completely unrelated-

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your 9mm brass?
The 6X fired stuff you were getting brass rings off of?
I decided to buy a Dillon crimp die and got lazy to try it. I will definitely post an update. I am waiting on a new case feeder that arrives on Friday.

Keep an eye on that account. I dont know if you've ever done a charge back before, but some CC will give you the benefit and just refund, then reverse the whole process when the company responds.

I know that can happen. However I have all his Emails and screenshots of their site (before they decided to change it) and I uploaded all that information.

He can try and my CC can try to reverse it, but then I will send more Email screemshots. I tried several times to ask for a shipping label and he refused every time. So I dont see how he could get out of this one.

They shipped me .357 instead of .358 bullets.

In my gun at least, that makes a big difference.

Their box is labeled .358, not .357.

So I ask them (politely) how we should handle this and this is their response:

View attachment 409631

WTF is the dude smoking?

So how many rounds of lead does it take to wear out a carbide sizing die? So if I want .358 I have to order .359 sized in a new die?

They won't even send me a prepaid label.

And this is his answer:

View attachment 409646

That a**h*** answer would put me over the top too. If he's such a grand master shooter he'd know the difference sizes can make, who gives a shit what his gun shoot.

I would just shoot them and move on. Use a different company next time. Not worth the headache.

It's definitely worth " the headache". Too many companies these days manufacture inferior products because people think it's " not worth the headache" to complain. And his response certainly demands it.

Brian Enos Forum locked my thread.

The owner of Black Bullets Emailed me to tell me he loved the post. I hope he also likes the charge back.

That response proves he doesn't care about his customers.

Back
Top Bottom