I am not Buying from Black Bullets Anymore

I would just shoot them and move on. Use a different company next time. Not worth the headache.
What headache?
5 minutes online with your CC company disputing the charge, then forget about it until the bullet company contacts you to offer a deal. If I wanted to keep the bullets I’d offer them a deal. Call them and say it will cost them $15 for return shipping, and then they have to give you a full refund, but if they refund you $30 you will just keep the bullets.

What headache?
5 minutes online with your CC company disputing the charge, then forget about it until the bullet company contacts you to offer a deal. If I wanted to keep the bullets I’d offer them a deal. Call them and say it will cost them $15 for return shipping, and then they have to give you a full refund, but if they refund you $30 you will just keep the bullets.
I am past that. I wasnt going to ask for a refund but then he had to be such a d*ck. I already went online and disputed the charge.

First time I ever have to dispute a charge that is not fraud.

Cult following or not, customer service skills go a long way in retail. He reminds me of many a contractor I’ve worked with. Arrogant, can’t be wrong, often are very wrong, and people typically don’t like them once they show their true colors.
Just because you work with wood, or make boo-lits, doesn’t mean customer service goes out the window. Guess who pays your bills?

Lol and all he had to do was offer a refund plus shipping and not be a dick. He probably doesnt care anyways because hes got a few elephant customers that buy most of his shit, and maybe the difference isnt bad enough for most of them to notice, or care. I think I would notice if the groups or SD changed though. Maybe they naively think that bullet obturation will "suck up the difference" lol.

Lol and all he had to do was offer a refund plus shipping and not be a dick. He probably doesnt care anyways because hes got a few elephant customers that buy most of his shit, and maybe the difference isnt bad enough for most of them to notice, or care. I think I would notice if the groups or SD changed though. Maybe they naively think that bullet obturation will "suck up the difference" lol.
His name is chandler.....mmkay.

Technically it is fraud. He is representing them as something he KNOWS they are not. The box is clearly labeled as .358" and he knows and admits to you they are .357" which is fraudulent.
I don't understand how this guy thinks he can get away with that it's not like it's some kind of industry accepted standard to miss mark bullets on the box... or at a bare minimum just put some kind of friggin disclaimer under the size. Apparently that is too much to ask.

@Broccoli Iglesias how badly did the bullets f*** up your accuracy? I am just asking this out of curiosity not disputing you wanting to return the things I don't blame you either even if I hadn't loaded a single one of them I would want to return the damn things if I found out they were f***ed up that way. To me that's no different than some guy selling you a 5-gallon jug of oil in the viscosity on The jug is marked incorrectly.... the results might not be that harmful in the real world but it's still fraud.

Cult following or not, customer service skills go a long way in retail. He reminds me of many a contractor I’ve worked with. Arrogant, can’t be wrong, often are very wrong, and people typically don’t like them once they show their true colors.
Has his clique of followers who love him no matter what he does, but pisses off everyone else.

Chandler 2024?

I don't understand how this guy thinks he can get away with that it's not like it's some kind of industry accepted standard to miss mark bullets on the box... or at a bare minimum just put some kind of friggin disclaimer under the size. Apparently that is too much to ask.

@Broccoli Iglesias how badly did the bullets f*** up your accuracy? I am just asking this out of curiosity not disputing you wanting to return the things I don't blame you either even if I hadn't loaded a single one of them I would want to return the damn things if I found out they were f***ed up that way. To me that's no different than some guy selling you a 5-gallon jug of oil in the viscosity on The jug is marked incorrectly.... the results might not be that harmful in the real world but it's still fraud.
I didnt load them. I measured before loading and stopped to Email the guy.

I have loaded .357 from other manufacturers before. It is an important difference.

The difference will be a group that is around 1" bigger at 25 yards if I use .357.

Last edited:
Probably more common than people think.
I had a bulk order of 160's in .358, about 2000 or so.
Had quite a few walk out on me and lock the cylinder up. Checked the batch load and found that a lot of em would spin inside the crimp.
Problems all season.Chalked it up to my dies.
Happened at the last 2 outlaw shoots in New Bedford.
They could very well have been undersized from the get go.

I was surprised to see your thread locked up so fast. There are other threads there about some lesser concerns with BBI... mostly about them being Smokey compared to other rounds. I would attribute that to them being undersized

Just because you work with wood, or make boo-lits, doesn’t mean customer service goes out the window. Guess who pays your bills?
something tells me BBI does not have "custmers" but sells to "friends" and maybe a few boutique reloaders.

I was surprised to see your thread locked up so fast. There are other threads there about some lesser concerns with BBI... mostly about them being Smokey compared to other rounds. I would attribute that to them being undersized
I think the thread got shut down because it violated their forum policy.
Perhaps if you started a new thread saying you noticed that the sizing was off on a recent order and asked if others noticed any sizing inconsistencies with their order from BBI you will get better results. Don’t phrase it as a complaint against the company, but rather as an inquiry from a fellow shooter. That would make it more of a discussion topic which is allowed.

something tells me BBI does not have "custmers" but sells to "friends" and maybe a few boutique reloaders.

Not uncommon if they're a sponsor for either a match or a team and it brings bad press. You can chalk up smokey to undersize, but something like this is considered "dirty laundry".
Unfortunately in the competition circuit, volume shooters have a short memory on these occurrences when it comes down to "I need 5000 RIGHT NOW its its $3 less with this supplier" .
Sponsored ones don't care because they're-
Further up on the supply list
Get a discount
They do have a following in that circle, but not at the top of it.
They're an option if coated lead vendor 1-5 or jacketed and plated vendor 1-15 is sold out.

So now I have 2-300 loaded and another 100 or so questionable, and another 100 or so known no-good that I have to pull apart down the road and melt down.

If theres a plus side to this and you can't get anywhere- You'll have donor lead to recast into something useful.
Hopefully you can get your money back and this sticks outside of this website and they're labeled the Dollar General of coated lead vendors.

how are you ever gonna become a grandmaster revolver shooter now? [rofl]

If bullets weren't a precious commodity I'd suggest using the chargeback money for tannerite.

Bullets aren't a precious commodity yet. I'm not going to give my source away on a public platform. Not because I'm worried about Martha, but because I want to keep this secret to myself. But there are many reputable bullet makers that are taking back orders and shipping within a couple of months.

Which is nothing for most of us hoarding reloaders.

Some time back I had the opportunity to get Black Bullets at a steep discount. I ordered a quantity to test against the Ibejiheads (green) I was then (and, more than any other manufacturer, still ) loading.

A simple test for the quality of the coating is to squish a bullet in a vise. Properly applied coating stays on, inferior coating flakes off.
Here are the squishing results.

The coating even turned my fingers black while loading.
I loaded a few hundred, 180g .40, and shot for accuracy. Initially the accuracy was on par with my standard Ibejiheads load, but after about 200 my groups opened up. My barrel was leaded.

I continue to pay full price for Ibejiheads instead of discounted rate for Black Bullets.
IMG_20161020_161749205.jpgIMG_20161020_162936087.jpgIMG_20161020_163013030.jpgIMG_20161020_163102991.jpg

Some time back I had the opportunity to get Black Bullets at a steep discount. I ordered a quantity to test against the Ibejiheads (green) I was then (and, more than any other manufacturer, still ) loading.

A simple test for the quality of the coating is to squish a bullet in a vise. Properly applied coating stays on, inferior coating flakes off.
Here are the squishing results.

The coating even turned my fingers black while loading.
I loaded a few hundred, 180g .40, and shot for accuracy. Initially the accuracy was on par with my standard Ibejiheads load, but after about 200 my groups opened up. My barrel was leaded.

I continue to pay full price for Ibejiheads instead of discounted rate for Black Bullets.
View attachment 411316View attachment 411315View attachment 411314View attachment 411313
Wow it looks like BB improperly applied their coating. It’s not supposed to do that.

I ordered (and rec'd) a case to try out during covid. I don't know why, but it seems to take me a case to decide if I like them or not. I can't say I don't like them, but I can say they didn't impress me all that much, and accuracy seemed to be sub-par. I loaded them all up and have about 1,000 left to shoot which will be gone in the next 2 or 3 range sessions.

I suppose the poor accuracy could be related to barrel leading, but the only way to know would be to look down the barrel. Since I so rarely clean my Glocks it will be a year or two before I get a chance to check...

I have had better luck with Precision Bullets, but waited 10 weeks for them.
I'm anxious to try Bayou Bullets, but I'm currently still waiting on an order I placed 11 weeks ago. Hopefully I'll get them by the end of the year. But, if primers don't also start to show up by then I won't be able to do anything with them.

Back
Top Bottom