I am in love...

Broc

NES Member
With bullet puller dies. Why didn't I buy one of these years ago?

Bought 100 360DW reloaded rounds from some dude that didn't know who reloaded them.

I bought them for the brass.

Pulled 100 bullets in less than 10 minutes.

If you don't own a bullet puller die, get one.

Last edited:

Bought 100 360DW reloaded rounds from some dude that didn't know who reloaded them.

I bought then for the brass.

That can't possibly be as much fun as banging the shit out of an impact puller.

I bought then for the brass.

Which one did you get?

Wayyyy nicer than the old kinetic right?
F*ck that kinetic sh*t. It is slow as f*ck and annoying.

I had this POS, it was so annoying I stopped using it and started collecting brass that needed bullets pulled for one day when I am old and have nothing better to do. Not anymore, the die changed my life.

images (5).jpeg

I had this POS, it was so annoying I stopped using it and started collecting brass that needed bullets pulled for one day when I am old and have nothing better to do. Not anymore, the die changed my life.

View attachment 676935
I love how the manufacturers of these tell you to not strike it against something hard like concrete, which is pretty much the only way to get them to work.

I remember I had the plastic RCBS one. Its real exciting when you're hitting it against your floor and the thing explodes and chunks go flying everywhere. [rofl] I still probably pulled at least 100 bullets with that thing though before it broke.

I had been looking at the Hornady one for a while and just got it in a set I bought used. It came with a 22 cal collet, so I may have to buy some more for 9 and 30

I hate the kinetic one since I have to wear earpro to use it. I find that smacking it on concrete doesn't help, but rather a hardwood board. I know one day it is going to break. One of the little collets already did :(

View attachment 676935
I have a couple of hundred 5.56 with high primers. They are Radway from a group buy years ago. I had used a dillon swager and sold it the next day. Weldon reamer is the way to go. I will try to fully seat the primers when the cases are empty one at a time and refill the case and seat the bullets. The kinetic mallets are collecting dust.

I have a couple of hundred 5.56 with high primers. They are Radway from a group buy years ago. I had used a dillon swager and sold it the next day. Weldon reamer is the way to go. I will try to fully seat the primers when the cases are empty one at a time and refill the case and seat the bullets. The kinetic mallets are collecting dust.
The Lee APP with the swaging kit is cheaper than the Dillon one and you can move 1.5x the speed of light with it. I also use that Lee APP for depriming 9 mm and 223.

View attachment 676935
I have that same POS , my rounds that need to be pulled are still sitting collecting dust

View attachment 676935
I did a karma something like 3 gallons of loaded ammo to be pulled a couple years back. I pulled stuff like 45-70 but forget the rest.

From where did you get them? I sometimes look through the dud cans to see if there is anything worthwhile
Stuff I loaded but mostly buying up estates. 8 cartridges loaded in a box that says “HOT!” After a while that stuff piles up. When you’re not sure if that box of ammo is reloads or factory it goes in a bucket.

One of the members here whose grandfather I used to shoot with scored it. They got a whole lot of goodies out of it but they worked for it 😂😂

View attachment 676935
I've broken 3 of those stupid things.

I love how the manufacturers of these tell you to not strike it against something hard like concrete, which is pretty much the only way to get them to work.

The best thing to strike them against is the end grain of a piece of oak or other hardwood. It will dislodge the bullet but won't chip the plastic like concrete will.

Ordered the Hornady and .223, .308 collets from Brownell's. $59 shipped and taxed

The Hornady version looks easier to use, but maybe a bit longer to set up than the RCBS one. (Based only on the two videos posted here)

Any compelling reason to get the RCBS version?

I had been looking at the Hornady one for a while and just got it in a set I bought used. It came with a 22 cal collet, so I may have to buy some more for 9 and 30

I hate the kinetic one since I have to wear earpro to use it. I find that smacking it on concrete doesn't help, but rather a hardwood board. I know one day it is going to break. One of the little collets already did :(
Most of them work much better with a standard shellholder.

Back
Top Bottom