• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I am in love...

I used my Hornady one last night on an old single stage. Worked well even on some pretty deformed cases. The copper-plated bullets had minor scuffs but all pulled out easily. I’ll buy the other collets to pull some of the 308’s i’ve got.

We’ll then see how it works for pistol

So, I have received and used the 308, 358/355 and 22 collets for the Hornady cam lock puller.

It works well when doing many bullets/cartridges of the same size, but you have to constantly tinker with it if the bullet/cartridge is changing. I had some random 9mm and 9mm Corto that I had to pull bullets, and I quickly learned to do all of the same ones together. Probably should have realized that first, but I didn't. Some of the bullets got marks/indents on them depending on how deep/tight they were seated. They were all jacketed/plated bullets, so no straight lead.

Rifle is a lot easier than pistol since you have a lot more room to grip the bullet. One some of the deep seated 9mm that I was pulling, I only had a small amount to grasp. Still worked though.

I am not seeing any of the damage that the video linked showed.

F*ck that kinetic sh*t. It is slow as f*ck and annoying.

I had this POS, it was so annoying I stopped using it and started collecting brass that needed bullets pulled for one day when I am old and have nothing better to do. Not anymore, the die changed my life.

View attachment 676935
Dude just swing it like you do your purse and they will pop right out

Rcbs with the 45 collets. Pulled a 50 cal can of 45’s and it works like a champ. Had to get the max value for the components now that prices are going to be coming down… cause I said soooo.

So, I have received and used the 308, 358/355 and 22 collets for the Hornady cam lock puller.

It works well when doing many bullets/cartridges of the same size, but you have to constantly tinker with it if the bullet/cartridge is changing. I had some random 9mm and 9mm Corto that I had to pull bullets, and I quickly learned to do all of the same ones together. Probably should have realized that first, but I didn't. Some of the bullets got marks/indents on them depending on how deep/tight they were seated. They were all jacketed/plated bullets, so no straight lead.

Rifle is a lot easier than pistol since you have a lot more room to grip the bullet. One some of the deep seated 9mm that I was pulling, I only had a small amount to grasp. Still worked though.

I am not seeing any of the damage that the video linked showed.
I’ve had some damage some jacketed soft point .357s.

Less damaged, more squished them into nothing in order to pull them out. Maybe it was the lead composition, not sure. It was extremely soft and the puller squished them before gripping.

Works great for any FMJ bullets and am able to reuse rifle ones 99% of the time unless they are crimped a ton.

What was the issue with the ammo?

I realized at the end that the charge was way over. It was supposed to be 4.9gr, but was 5.9.

Super weird because I adjusted and checked it carefully when I started the run.

I’ve made thousands of rounds with this powder and setup before with no more than 0.1gr variation.

This is on a Dillon 550.

I have both. The kinetic works well for rimmed cases with big bullets like 45/70. The die works better for cases with small light bullets like 223.

Back
Top Bottom