• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I am a Second Amendment Absolutist

Everyone seems to love Ronald Reagan, but he was against African Americans owning firearms as well as the average lower class citizen!
f*** Reagan. Anti piece of shit.

And I just found that he actually spewed this garbage in 1989, my birth year. What a clown LOL.

FTR RR, 2A has nothing to do with sporting or home defense.

AD7E2219-54BF-4537-B2A8-F8A80E5BE228.jpeg

No one needs a hunting tool. I’m ok with a background check for weapons that don’t have an offensive capability.

All others should be unrestricted. Full auto, belt fed, suppressors, etc.

If you want to compromise, I’ll go with highly regulating explosives and cannon over 3”.

This article is very interesting since it conflates 2A with racial equality. It strengthens one by strengthening the other.

Everything must be taken with the context of the times. RR is the last President I would say that was loved by Americans in general (See electoral maps). I don't think many politicians really care about guns or the 2nd Amendment in general either way. They don't know the facts about most things they talk about and go with what a lobbyist/advisor/public opinion says.. Its just not on their minds that much, much better things to do to get votes.

The logical fallacies of the anti gun left are truly mind blowing. The bill of rights was drafted in fallout of the revolution to specifically acknowledge the inherent/unalienable rights of man and place restrictions on the newly formed government from re-imposing tyranny by limiting or removing those rights:

1st amendment - prevents government from limiting the right of speech, assembly, religion

3rd amendment - prevents government from forcibly quartering soldiers in ones home

4th amendment - prevents government from conducting illegal search/seizure

5th amendment - prevents government from requiring a citizen to self incriminate and prevents government from removing ones freedom without due process

6th amendment - prevents government from imposing default imprisonment through delay of due process

7th amendment - prevents government from unilaterally determining guilt/innocence via the right to a trial by jury of ones peers

8th ammendment - prevents government from imposing default imprisonment through denial of bail

9th amendment - restricts government from restricting other rights simply because they were were not specifically enumerated by the constitution

10th amendment - prevents government from usurping/claiming unlimited power by acknowledging that any power not specifically delegated to the federal government belongs to the states

Every single amendment in the bill of rights was crafted to impose restrictions on government so as to avoid the tyranny that the framers had revolted against at the hands of great of Great Britain. To tell me that in the spirit of that deliberate and well thought out drafting that the 2nd amendment was crafted for anything other than restricting governments right to impose tyranny is a logical fallacy of the highest order.

The 2nd amendment was created to restrict governments ability to impose tyranny. Period. Stop.

Damn right I’m a 2nd amendment absolutist.

Reagan was an actor, good at making speeches (read spewing BS) Better than any democrat I'd say but not even close to Donald Trump.

The logical fallacies of the anti gun left are truly mind blowing. The bill of rights was drafted in fallout of the revolution to specifically acknowledge the inherent/unalienable rights of man and place restrictions on the newly formed government from re-imposing tyranny by limiting or removing those rights:

1st amendment - prevents government from limiting the right of speech, assembly, religion

3rd amendment - prevents government from forcibly quartering soldiers in ones home

5th amendment - prevents government from requiring a citizen to self incriminate and prevents government from removing ones freedom without due process

6th amendment - prevents government from imposing default imprisonment through delay of due process

7th amendment - prevents government from unilaterally determining guilt/innocence via the right to a trial by jury of ones peers

8th ammendment - prevents government from imposing default imprisonment through denial of bail

9th amendment - restricts government from restricting other rights simply because they were were not specifically enumerated by the constitution

10th amendment - prevents government from usurping/claiming unlimited power by acknowledging that any power not specifically delegated to the federal government belongs to the states

Every single amendment in the bill of rights was crafted to impose restrictions on government so as to avoid the tyranny that the framers had revolted against at the hands of great of Great Britain. To tell me that in the spirit of that deliberate and well thought out drafting that the 2nd amendment was crafted for anything other than restricting governments right to impose tyranny is a logical fallacy of the highest order.

The 2nd amendment was created to restrict governments ability to impose tyranny. Period. Stop.

Assume you don't mind if I steal this.

Interesting observation. I need to remember this for next "discussion"

Well written sir. Short, concise, and to the point. It's not plagiarism, if we ask, you agree, and you're given credit. [wink]

Jay

P.S. Your not "THE" Jack Bauer, by any chance?
Haha. Sadly no, not “THE” Jack Bauer. Just an average guy with an above average understanding of freedom who plays hockey and happened to be looking at a box for a new pair of hockey skates when he created his username 😬

Back
Top Bottom