• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I am a bad boy....

The direct result of over-exposure to the terminally obtuse. [rolleyes]

Here we have someone thinking being jailed and going to court 3 times is merely "talking to a magistrate" (and where are THEY found?) and doesn't trigger a "yes" on Question 10; on another board we have a moron who pleaded to a felony asking if his wife can buy a gun for him AFTER he failed the NICS check; and 4 out of either 6 or 8 applicants at the last FLRB meeting also blew # 10 (and 1 or 2 other questions). The only reason anyone comes to the FLRB is if they were not merely arrested or even convicted; it is because they have a disqualifying conviction. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, how much more "appeared as a defendant in any court" can you get?

Schools are clearly failing to teach reading comprehension. Given some of the appalling spelling, punctuation and syntax errors I see, it is questionable whether reading is being taught at all.

I'm sorry maybe he wasn't horribly clear on his post. He didn't appear in front of a judge. Each time he went to the court house the clerk would tell him to come back on another day. Finally, the magistrate told him to pay the court fees and to keep out of trouble. I understand he misunderstood the meaning of the word defendant, but there's always a word or 2 that people can't grasp the meaning of.[smile]

^ I thought you were one of the good guys. If I ever have a firearm law question/isuue at least I know now who not to ask since you'lll just be a jerk about it.

Although his delivery lacks something to be disired. I would surely ask him his advice.

Can he be a "Jerk" about it? Sure.

Is he going to give you the right answer? You betcha.

I'd be willing to trade a little tounge lashing for the proper way to deal with an issue regarding my firearms.

My god... did I just defend Scirv? [hmmm]

Although his delivery lacks something to be disired. I would surely ask him his advice.

Can he be a "Jerk" about it? Sure.

Is he going to give you the right answer? You betcha.

I'd be willing to trade a little tounge lashing for the proper way to deal with an issue regarding my firearms.

My god... did I just defend Scirv? [hmmm]
He's a curmudgeon, but by G-d, he's OUR curmudgeon! [smile]

He's a curmudgeon, but by G-d, he's OUR curmudgeon! [smile]

Main Entry: cur·mud·geon
Pronunciation: (")k&r-'m&-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
1 archaic : MISER
2 : a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man
- cur·mud·geon·li·ness /-lE-n&s/ noun
- cur·mud·geon·ly /-lE/ adjective

I learn something new every day.

The direct result of over-exposure to the terminally obtuse. [rolleyes]

Here we have someone thinking being jailed and going to court 3 times is merely "talking to a magistrate" (and where are THEY found?) and doesn't trigger a "yes" on Question 10; on another board we have a moron who pleaded to a felony asking if his wife can buy a gun for him AFTER he failed the NICS check; and 4 out of either 6 or 8 applicants at the last FLRB meeting also blew # 10 (and 1 or 2 other questions). The only reason anyone comes to the FLRB is if they were not merely arrested or even convicted; it is because they have a disqualifying conviction. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, how much more "appeared as a defendant in any court" can you get?

Schools are clearly failing to teach reading comprehension. Given some of the appalling spelling, punctuation and syntax errors I see, it is questionable whether reading is being taught at all.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you are with some of your "not so bright" clients... I'm sure it would be amusing to see the interaction between the mentally weak and the gifted. [laugh]

I understand he misunderstood the meaning of the word defendant, but there's always a word or 2 that people can't grasp the meaning of.[smile]

I had a client who, in his younger, incredibly stupider days, took the police departments of 7 towns on a tour of the county. The result was 73 MV charges (which is about what you get from doing 10 violations in front of 7 different cops) and an all-expense paid sojourn in the Commonwealth's special spa, Bridgewater.

Boy Wonder goes to file his LTC application and gets to the famous Question # 10. BW answers "No." [rolleyes]

Naturally, he's denied; he is ALSO charged with capital perjury. What was BW's excuse for blowing this simple question? "I didn't know what 'defendant' meant."

I'll tell the whiners on this forum what I told him: "There's this amazing new invention - it's called a 'dictionary.' USE IT!" [slap]

I had a client who, in his younger, incredibly stupider days, took the police departments of 7 towns on a tour of the county. The result was 73 MV charges (which is about what you get from doing 10 violations in front of 7 different cops) and an all-expense paid sojourn in the Commonwealth's special spa, Bridgewater.

Boy Wonder goes to file his LTC application and gets to the famous Question # 10. BW answers "No." [rolleyes]

Naturally, he's denied; he is ALSO charged with capital perjury. What was BW's excuse for blowing this simple question? "I didn't know what 'defendant' meant."

I'll tell the whiners on this forum what I told him: "There's this amazing new invention - it's called a 'dictionary.' USE IT!" [slap]

I'm not quite sure a dictionary would've helped him.[smile] I asked him why he simply didn't ask me what the word means. His reply was," I thought I knew what defendant meant." He also thought that he was never charged.[rolleyes] I guess I have to teach him a little more in the ways of the law.
[laugh2]

Capital purjury? Wow! We don't even have the death penalty for cop killers here. Some places must be really serious. Lucky for Clinton that he wasn't in that court.

M.G.L.c. 268, § 1. Perjury.

Whoever, being lawfully required to depose the truth in a judicial proceeding or in a proceeding in a course of justice, wilfully swears or affirms falsely in a matter material to the issue or point in question, or whoever, being required by law to take an oath or affirmation, wilfully swears or affirms falsely in a matter relative to which such oath or affirmation is required, shall be guilty of perjury. Whoever commits perjury on the trial of an indictment for a capital crime shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life or for any term of years, and whoever commits perjury in any other case shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than twenty years or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars or by imprisonment in jail for not more than two and one half years, or by both such fine and imprisonment in jail.

As distinct from what he should have been charged with, making a false statement under the licensing statute.

Since we don't even have any capital crimes in Massachusetts, it looks as if it's time for some ADA to pee in the cup again. That takes the idea of "over charging" to a whole new level. I wonder if in case of a conviction he was planning on asking that the defendant be hanged, drawn and quartered.

Ken

Since we don't even have any capital crimes in Massachusetts, it looks as if it's time for some ADA to pee in the cup again. That takes the idea of "over charging" to a whole new level. I wonder if in case of a conviction he was planning on asking that the defendant be hanged, drawn and quartered.

I believe it was the PD that brought the perjury charge. At a conference with the ADA - in his office - he wanted to amend the complaint to add the correct charge; false statement under the licensing statute.

I said that charge was fine, as it was what should have been charged to begin with. The ADA, however, wanted to ADD that charge; not substitute it for what he all but admitted was an excessive charge.

I would not agree to adding the charge; rather, I would oppose the addition, rather than the substitution, of the charge. This made the ADA unhappy. Angry, actually.

SO angry, he walked out of the meeting in his own office. I figure any time the opponent quits the fiield and leaves you in possession of it, it is A Good Thing.

As it turned out, the case went away and, even more miraculously, I was able to get my client back his LTC. He renewed it w/o incident a year or two ago.

Scrivener may be a bit of a curmudgeon, but he knows his shit! I personally am grateful for all the advise he gives on this board.

Sometimes a little reality slap comes across as a little rough, but it's better to know it than to not know it.

I could be wrong... and I'm sure that if I am I will be corrected. But that link I believe is the only one that is supposed to be used according to MGL. But again, I would like one of our Legal types to correct that as I may have miss-interpreted something I read here.

Now, that doesn't stop towns from still abusing their authority and making you jusp through any hoop they like... I would suguest hiring one of our legal minded folks [wink]

Boston and Brookline both have their own forms as well.

^ I thought you were one of the good guys. If I ever have a firearm law question/isuue at least I know now who not to ask since you'lll just be a jerk about it.

Scrivener might be a sarcastic ass, but he is also one of the best firearms attorneys in the state.

I wasn't aware of that fact. When I took criminal justice courses we were told that if you were taken into custody, brought to the station, fingerprinted, searched, and questioned, you must've had your rights given to you. Am I still wrong? [thinking]

That is correct, but only because they are questioning you. IF they do NOT question you, you don't get Miranda.

I had a client who, in his younger, incredibly stupider days, took the police departments of 7 towns on a tour of the county.

As it turned out, the case went away and, even more miraculously, I was able to get my client back his LTC. He renewed it w/o incident a year or two ago.

WOW!!!! Gratuitous abuse AND an LTC... all for the same price. You, Sir, fit the classic definition of "diplomacy": The ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that he will look forward to the trip!

[bow]

WOW!!!! Gratuitous abuse AND an LTC... all for the same price. You, Sir, fit the classic definition of "diplomacy": The ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that he will look forward to the trip!

[bow]

He even convinced the ADA to pack his bags and leave his own office!! [laugh2] [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom