• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I actually saw someone produce a concealed carry badge today

To OP. what was the context for which you saw it produced? We do need a little bit if the story here

Wondering if this is possibly the same guy who attended a previously discussed meeting at Londonderry Fish and Game.
Certainly sounds like a douchy thing he might do

[grin]

I won't say who or where of course, but my question is this:

Do you think the gold or the nickel plated badge is more impressive?[grin]

Producing a badge could be misconstrued as impersonating a police officer. Or so a cop told me when he confiscated a plastic toy star badge during a traffic stop. No, I didn't "produce it", it was just left in the vehicle after some party. Mostly I think he was just pissed that I wouldn't consent to a vehicle search after being stopped for crossing the double yellow lines, which I did to avoid his car at another traffic stop.

Servin' and protectin' yo' ass!

My neighbor has a yearly BBQ ( drunken mess ) where everyone is required to wear their deputy star badges.

Non badge holders are deputized upon arrival by the authority vested in him by the State of Inebriation.

I don't see how having a CCW badge could be construed as impersonating a police officer. Just because someone assumes a status because of your physical appearance does not mean your intention was to "falsely assume or pretend" to be a LEO. Mall Rent a Cops have Security Badges, TSA have badges, Crossing Guards, etc, etc, etc.

Section 33. Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be a justice of the peace, notary public, sheriff, deputy sheriff, medical examiner, associate medical examiner, constable, police officer, probation officer, or examiner, investigator or other officer appointed by the registrar of motor vehicles, or inspector, investigator or examiner of the department of public utilities or the department of telecommunications and cable, or investigator or other officer of the alcoholic beverages control commission, or investigator or other official of the bureau of special investigations, or examiner, investigator or other officer of the department of revenue, and acts as such or requires a person to aid or assist him in a matter pertaining to the duty of such officer, shall be punished by a fine of not more than four hundred dollars or by imprisonment for not more than one year.

AlfonsoBedoyaasGoldHat8x6-e1348966182577.jpg

Looks like his ass got hungry and bit his hat. Thus begins the creation of the ass hat.

It's funny reading some of the feedback comments on the Amazon link. Apparently people are buying and using these things! Also the simple fact that there are several styles of them for sale also indicates that they do in fact have a market.

The reviews on Amazon aren't great. Apparently this badge is not made for the HSLD operator.

Sorry, but if my badge is going to break off when I'm executing a tactical roll, I'm out.

One of the reviews

If you are ever in a position that you are holding a perpetrator at bay with weapon drawn and waiting for the police, this hanging from you just might not get you shot by the responding LEO’s. The police have shot other police in plain clothes while responding and not knowing who was the aggressor.

This is cheap insurance for a sticky situation that I hope never happens, but may if you carry a gun.

Besides, my wife really likes hers since she also has a concealed handgun permit and thinks the gold is really pretty.

[rofl]

I don't see how having a CCW badge could be construed as impersonating a police officer.

The argument would be that the person displaying such a badge did so with the intent of creating the impression he was a LE officer.

Back
Top Bottom