I actually saw someone produce a concealed carry badge today

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Actually, though we mock them, they do have their uses - if you don't know it's crap, it's not crap.

As has been talked about before, a black tee-shirt that says, "SECURITY" on it will likely give you a pass for OC, as everyone will know that you're a good guy.

badges are badges of "Authoritay," don'cha know.

ETA: I don't have one.....but my Trap vest has a collection of patches that are awesome! [laugh]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can give it as much crap as you want, but when I wear my Boston Fire or Boston PD race t-shirts from all the 10k memorial runs I've done, people occasionally ask me where I'm on the job. I won't lie to them, but it says a lot about people's willingness to believe any symbol of authority.

I wouldn't carry a ccw badge myself, but if it saved someone from getting jacked, that has value.

ToddDubya

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
badges are badges of "Authoritay," don'cha know.

Producing a badge could be misconstrued as impersonating a police officer. Or so a cop told me when he confiscated a plastic toy star badge during a traffic stop. No, I didn't "produce it", it was just left in the vehicle after some party. Mostly I think he was just pissed that I wouldn't consent to a vehicle search after being stopped for crossing the double yellow lines, which I did to avoid his car at another traffic stop.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would never carry one of these, but I could see how if you put it on your belt near your holster people might assume you're a LEO and not be so quick to report a guy with a gun. Still lame in my book though.

SR556

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminds me of a YT video I saw. It was of a guy, I think hispanic, with a CCW badge on a chain like he was an undercover. He was also wearing a button down Hawaiian shirt and shorts, and carried a Bersa .380. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where to find the video?

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
AlfonsoBedoyaasGoldHat8x6-e1348966182577.jpg

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I would totally get one if it weren't mandatory that you also buy a book detailing the tactical use of the Hard Block, and a gallon of douche juice in the same purchase.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read an article in the Providence Journal about a week or so ago where several RI Police Chiefs weighed in on a bill that would have basically made the state a "may issue" state by making the AG's office the sole issuer of CCW permits. Currently the local Chief's are "shall issue" although they do not all follow the law. Anyway, in the article the Middletown Chief of Police said that he revoked someone's CCW permit because he was wearing one of these CCW badges.

ProGun

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

ToddDubya

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I would totally get one if it weren't mandatory that you also buy a book detailing the tactical use of the Hard Block, and a gallon of douche juice in the same purchase.

No kidding. I'm happy to buy those other items, i just don't like being told i have. In fact, they're in my Amazon cart at all times.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Did it fall out of his purse?

With the exception that some guy with a purse is about a thousand times less retarded than someone who carries a CCW badge around. The dude with the purse is an odd duck. The dude with the CCW badge is terminally stupid.

-Mike

Top Bottom