• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I absolutely love NH...

I have been thinking about buying a home there, or in Vermont, but i fear that it will only end up like Massachusetts, and NY. The whole free state idea is very appealing to me and I admire how fast things like the permit process are in a free state.

I plan on sending in my original license app very soon. Wondering how much of the official 2 weeks they'll actually need for mine. It is comforting to know that the renewals can be even faster. Unlike in MA where you have to plan months ahead. Fvck that sheit. I'm not going for my out of state carry permit for MA.

so funny to see how broken MA is. girlfriend had to call for eight days in a row, like five to six times a day--and then finally got an appointment to APPLY for her LTC and the appointment was three weeks away.

i figure i ought to just submit my renewal NOW considering it expires at the end of 2014. [rolleyes]

I plan on sending in my original license app very soon. Wondering how much of the official 2 weeks they'll actually need for mine.

Mine took ~10 days from the day I sent it to the day I got it. Very pleased with the fast turn around!

I have been thinking about buying a home there, or in Vermont, but I fear that it will only end up like Massachusetts, and NY. The whole free state idea is very appealing to me and I admire how fast things like the permit process are in a free state.

I lived there (NH) from 8/2001-12/2007, and am going back this year (if I can sell my house). It is a great state. I will be likely be selling my house for a loss, and taking on a horrendous commute, but I don't care. When I get home, I will be left alone. I will mind my own business, and my neighbors will mind theirs.

I will not have to worry about gun insurance, off site storage, "may issue" for my AR and handguns, 300 different locks and cases for going to the range, or locking up powder and brass. I will be able to buy the other 85% of handguns from a dealer, get ammo and booze shipped to my house, and drive in a snowstorm without fear of jailtime.

One thing that will be different, however, is that when I lived there previously, I never paid much attention to gun rights, 'cause it was NH, why worry? But I realize now that attitude will cost me dearly. When I move there this time I will be very vocal, and my state, federal and local reps will be hearing from me A LOT. I will not let them turn NH into a disaster like this state.

Yep.

Last year I dropped off 2 different suppressor stamp apps for the Chief to sign. The second one was done while I waited all of about 15 minutes.

Pistol Licenses are also just a few days.

I grew up in MA, but I have lived in NH since the late 80's. I'd never move back to MA.

Dropped off my Pistol/Revolver License renewal Tuesday afternoon, just called and it's ready to pick up.

Less than two days...

Why even mention it!?!?!

Shouldn't it be like this everywhere???

Oh... wait..... nevermind! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I have been thinking about buying a home there, or in Vermont, but i fear that it will only end up like Massachusetts, and NY. The whole free state idea is very appealing to me and I admire how fast things like the permit process are in a free state.

Why wait? It's a lot better now for many reasons. Some day it could be different, but for now it is different!

Yep.

Last year I dropped off 2 different suppressor stamp apps for the Chief to sign. The second one was done while I waited all of about 15 minutes.

Pistol Licenses are also just a few days.

I grew up in MA, but I have lived in NH since the late 80's. I'd never move back to MA.

I plan on making a suppressor at some point in the future. It's great knowing that it's actually an option in NH (unlike MA). I need to do more research on it, design the baffles, and then see IF I can even make them properly with the machinery I currently own (or will have by then). If it looks good, I'll send in the form for the stamp and then wait.

A free state would not require a license.....
In a perfect world/country, every state would be like Vermont when it comes to 2A. IF I can secure a job in VT, I'd move there. As it stands, NH is a nice second choice.

I plan on sending in my original license app very soon. Wondering how much of the official 2 weeks they'll actually need for mine. It is comforting to know that the renewals can be even faster. Unlike in MA where you have to plan months ahead. Fvck that sheit. I'm not going for my out of state carry permit for MA.

Depends on the town. Mine took about 18 hours. Dropped off the original application at the police station on Thursday about 4:00 PM, got a call Friday morning around 10:00 AM that my permit was ready. [smile]

so funny to see how broken MA is. girlfriend had to call for eight days in a row, like five to six times a day--and then finally got an appointment to APPLY for her LTC and the appointment was three weeks away.

i figure i ought to just submit my renewal NOW considering it expires at the end of 2014. [rolleyes]

HA. I had no problem getting in touch on the first call, on 1/25, but I was given an interview of APRIL 28th! All reports out of my town are that it will take another 2-3 months after the appointment to get the license. She should consider herself lucky. I'd be shocked to have my license by June.

what are these pistol licenses you speak of?

Umm... SC requires a license also... and according the brady campaign my state has lower points then yours and I think we have less restrictions on where we can carry. [smile]

It's not just firearms..... I sent in my corporate paperwork to Ma. to get my business license name change. I took 4 MONTHS! I did the same for NH, 2 weeks!

No it isn't broken! The Licensing Authority is doing it on purpose, Just to discourage people from getting the license. Everything they do in regards to this is an excuse, and they know it.

Agree 100%...... They(the state....1010 Comm Ave.....or Chelsea) where ever it is now can process a license as fast as NH if they want. But what they really want is to discourage people from applying......

man it is so fun there, i was up there this weekend picking up some ammo and i met up with an old friend I had not sen in a while we started talking about guns and the next thing you know he pulls out his sr9, a friend of theirs that was there pulls out a glock it was a good time

Back
Top Bottom