I-93 road rage incident

Article didn’t say if he had a permission slip. If so, good bye knucklehead. In the words of Polk County Florida Sheriff Grady, “ I promise you, he will be served pressed ham sandwiches for the holiday.”

what! this has been up almost 10 min. and no one said "don't bring a knife to a gunfight." especially on the highway.

I think it depends on who showed which weapon first LOL. Article claims gun first then knife but who knows these jokers lie like rugs.

1911 is the only pistol authorized for Road Rage Brandishing in the Commonwealth.
Used to be a Colt's Dragoon, but progress marches on...

800px-Colt_Dragoon_Mod_1848.JPG

Turns out he is a PD dispatcher. He'll walk.

Nope. If he was going to get a free ride he wouldn't have gotten charged and arraigned. Further, guy isn't a badge, he's no
different than some dude that worked at mcdonalds down the street from the PD as far as the "machine" is concerned. He's not "washed".

-Mike

Knife guy MIGHT get charged ...Hmmm funny. Why was he not charged? What about the whole dangerous weapon stuff during altercations etc..or whatever it is.

Nope. If he was going to get a free ride he wouldn't have gotten charged and arraigned. Further, guy isn't a badge, he's no
different than some dude that worked at mcdonalds down the street from the PD as far as the "machine" is concerned. He's not "washed".

-Mike

Yeah - he’s a dispatcher at a private university. There’s no fraternal help there.

Here's the situation as I see it, based on the article.
Weapons were shown while the parties were in their cars and moving.
A guy with a knife in a moving car, while you are also in a moving car, does not pose an iminant threat. But a guy with a gun in a moving car does pose a threat, even to someone who is in another car.
So knife guy may get charged but any lawyer can get him off.
Gun guy is up the creek. He'll get charged and if he doesn't plea CWOF, he'll be convicted. Either way he'll never legally posses a gun again.

According to 7News, court documents indicate Bates is a Suffolk University Police and Security Department dispatcher and has a license to carry.

Back
Top Bottom