Hypothetically speaking... Ammo collection

John2006

NES Member
Hypothetically speaking, how much ammo do you guys figure you’re sitting on? Reason I ask is I have a friend who’s been shooting for +20 years. She did an inventory for the first time the other day and she’s sitting on 13k total. 3k x 5.56. 2 k x 7.62x51. 3k x 9mm. 3k x 7.62x39. Etc... is this so wrong/crazy??

Hypothetically speaking, how much ammo do you guys figure you’re sitting on? Reason I ask is I have a friend who’s been shooting for +20 years. She did an inventory for the first time the other day and she’s sitting on 13k total. 3k x 5.56. 2 k x 7.62x51. 3k x 9mm. 3k x 7.62x39. Etc... is this so wrong/crazy??
Not crazy but hard to say if it’s enough without knowing her shooting habits. I keep saying you need enough ammo or reloading components to allow you to shoot for 3-4 years (without adjusting your shooting habits/volume) especially if Trump doesn’t win. And the corona is just additional fuel to the fire.

13K? Still not enough!

I'm about exactly that and still feel inadequate.

I try to keep on hand enough to do my usual shooting for least one year if no ammo was available. Right now I have at least four times that much. Having said that if a SEVERE shortage set in I would shoot less ( just practice ). Got a lot of 5.56 and a lot of 22lr. Enough 9mm. Some other various and sundry calibers LOL. The end times guy in me has 4000 of 22lr in case we are reduced to eating small game ;-) So not enough ammo really. Never too much.

Also a decent supply of spare parts for the most important guns. What good is ammo if the guns quit working?

Depends on what you shoot a lot. I burn through a case of 9mm a month on average. Obviously this number goes down if shit goes south. I have enough that I don't have to think twice about shortages and morons panic-buying. I keep 5.56 and 22LR stacked deep and I keep reasonable stocks of my other common calibers 38S, 45, 7.62x39, .308 and replenish at 50% as I shoot it.

IF she's crazy, I"m certifiable...... it also depends how any guns you have.
Hypothetically speaking of course.
if you have 5 K of 7.62X39 but you have 5AKs and 6 SKSs do you really have that much? 450 /rifle?

Wait, I have the answer!

When it becomes uncountable, then you have enough...............
When you'd have the take the day off to count it all, then you have enough.............
When you have to track it with an excel spreadsheet, then you have enough...............

Wait, I have the answer!

When it becomes uncountable, then you have enough...............
When you'd have the take the day off to count it all, then you have enough.............
When you have to track it with an excel spreadsheet, then you have enough...............
This. ^^^

It’s the same with money.

If you know how much you’re making you’re not making enough.

NES is slipping during the coronavirus hysteria. No one asking for pictures, if she's hot, or if she's single.

As for the question. I'd say shes about on track with a lot of people here.

I don't count. I just make sure that I buy more than I shoot.

Good for her.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom