Hypothetical...what happens to existing inventory/production if/when ban hammer strikes down?

76Too

NES Member
Not that it has anything to do with anything that would have an effect on my life, but I’m wondering what happens to existing inventory in shops (what little they might have left or items currently undergoing production if a ban is put in place soon?

Do companies get to continue producing what they have on hand as long as the receiver was made prior to the ban?

I remember reading that in ‘94 a lot of import items were held up in ports and had to be modified to comply with AWB regs before they could be sold to consumers...that’s why some guys have that ‘gay as AIDS’ thumb hole stock on their Norinco’s. I’m getting the feeling that ‘this time’ they won’t have such luxuries/provisions, but I don’t know dick (that’s why I’m asking.)

I DO know shit for brains incoming POTUS (#notmyPOTUS) has mentioned sweeping legislation that would likely ban all the black guns FOR EVER (and ever), but what about custom companies that just modify/accurize existing...if the receiver has already been transferred to them as a legal FFL, can they continue to make what they have?

Just figured I’d get ahead of the ‘if I have a pre-Xiden lower, can I legally build it’ crowd this Thursday with a question that I’m genuinely curious about. We all know how much everyone loves those threads.

Hey, at least it wasn’t another COVID or ‘how much ammo do you have’ thread?

1610936045966.jpeg

Concealed is concealed. There is a non-zero probability that at some point, the law will be meaningless.

I think you should turn in all your guns now. Because since Healey's message you know your already a felon right..

her dick can’t reach me here in Indiana! (And please excuse my French, lady)

but as far as guns are concerned, I sold a lot of what I owned in Massachusetts and bought non-traceable replacements when I moved to Indy (no paperwork for FTF transfers here) and buried them all in cornfields.

it’s kinda ‘neat’ how transfers work in free states currently. Cash, gun, handshake, buhbye.

New-Picture-108.png

But it can still be sold?

I know there’s a market for it all...I’m mostly asking from a legality standpoint ‘how it all works’ with regards to banning specific firearms. Do they destroy what hasn’t been completed into ‘firearms’ yet?

I think you’re putting the cart before the horse to an extent - any EO will immediately be challenged and get tied up in the courts. If, on Wednesday, Biden issues an EO at 12:01PM, you can bet there’d be a challenge to it before 12:02.

Just need to make sure the challenge is lodged in Texas, not CA/MA/NY...

But it can still be sold?

I know there’s a market for it all...I’m mostly asking from a legality standpoint ‘how it all works’ with regards to banning specific firearms. Do they destroy what hasn’t been completed into ‘firearms’ yet?
It will always depend on wording. If they say "effective immediately" will be different than "tomorrow" or "Jun 1." Without that, we can only speculate and increase our blood pressure.

We are coming up to uncharted waters that's for sure, so to answer your question I don't think anyone can at this point in time. In the end if we ( Ma**h***s ) need to transfer something even on a "banned" list I will say it will get transferred banned or no ban, cash is king........................well ammo is now kinda the new king.

One thing will happen if Biden start,s talking about banning. Not one gun store in the USA will have a gun left in stock.
Everything will sell out.
Looking at what gun stores have in stock now......the full sellout would happen in about 12 hours lol

Back
Top Bottom