Hypothetical question

Yup.

Getting off topic, I'll tell you I was with a friend of mine last year and went to a gun shop in NH. Talking with the people there they knew we were from Mass and (I guess the license plate was a hint), and my friend grabbed some ammo. He went to pay for it and the girl asked him for his License. He told her she did not need it since we were in NH. She said, yes, because you're from Mass. I know what he wanted to say to her but in the end she sold him the ammo, no ID shown. Yup it's all Mass Bulls**t.

Concerning compliancy, if you read Functional Design Equivalent in the link below, then all 320's, 938's, 238's and 365's should be acceptable unless the external safety is considered a component of the firing mechanism. Though all 938's and 238's have them.
Here's the link
https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2016/09/qw/501-cmr-7.pdf
Check out Page 1 of that doc "Certified by Attributes" . . . it requires certification by a testing lab that they are equivalent per the requirements in C. 140 S. 123. Most companies don't do this, so although the guns are functionally equivalent, they aren't under the law unless certified as such.

If you acquire a non compliant Ma firearm and it needs to be serviced or repaired under warranty, what do you do?
I was told by S&W they will not send a non compliant firearm to a Ma address if it is sent in to their service dept. I believe Sig said the same thing.
I do think they could and would send it to a FFL though.

why do I ask? I see a few Sig 365's for sale and wondering what would happen if the firing pin failed since this is a problem with some of them.
That is retarded. I’ve shipped CZ’s, Dan Wesson’s, and Coonan’s back to them for servicing and never had any problems shipping them back to my house. That’s insane if S&W and Sig won’t do that.

If you're having a problem that needs a frame replacement (new SN) I can see where the FFL would be required, however, even in Maura's 7/20 edict she makes exemption for repairs.
I’ve had to get an entire new gun and it was shipped back to my house. I won’t publicly say who the manufacturer was....

Yup.

Getting off topic, I'll tell you I was with a friend of mine last year and went to a gun shop in NH. Talking with the people there they knew we were from Mass and (I guess the license plate was a hint), and my friend grabbed some ammo. He went to pay for it and the girl asked him for his License. He told her she did not need it since we were in NH. She said, yes, because you're from Mass. I know what he wanted to say to her but in the end she sold him the ammo, no ID shown. Yup it's all Mass Bulls**t.
Same here, they said they could only sell 10rd mags and ammo to mass ltc holders. Aslong as they didn't make a copy or write me in a log I was okay with showing it. Seems to be a CYA issue not a law

Check out Page 1 of that doc "Certified by Attributes" . . . it requires certification by a testing lab that they are equivalent per the requirements in C. 140 S. 123. Most companies don't do this, so although the guns are functionally equivalent, they aren't under the law unless certified as such.

Thanks Len

Does anyone have any thoughts on removing the manual safety from the 365? What if hypothetically you could buy one from a shop where the manual safety happened to fall off the gun?

Back
Top Bottom