Hypothetical Question

Ok, so hypothetical scenario that has had me wondering lately. Say a MA resident with an LTC were to live 8 months of the year in RI and have a RI blue card and this person happened to find a RI ffl that would sell them a handgun without shipping to a MA ffl. Could this person get in trouble for bringing the handgun back into MA? If it were used in a defensive scenario would it be a problem that there was no registration of the sale of the handgun in MA? Seems to be something I haven't seen in all of the threads on MA gun laws and such so I thought I would just ask here as I am curious how something like this would play out. Thanks

PS: yes I am aware that it is unlawful to purchase a handgun outside of one's state of residence and am in no way advocating it. Just curious how something like this would play it.

IDK but if I lived in another state for more than half the year I'd just make that my legal residence and get a MA non res LTC and then buy whatever guns I wanted.

look up dual residency, it's been covered here, feds say if you live there, you're a resident there.....
if you bring it into MA with you, you have to file an FA-10....

If you live in another state and purchase a firearm there then you move back to MA, you do not have to file an FA10 form. The firearm is yours before you moved here and you do not need to let MA know that you have it.

Back
Top Bottom