• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

hypothetical question?

Option 1:
A Glock 20 plus a Magtech Carbine conversion kit to turn it into a 16" barreled semi-automatic carbine that is ammunition and magazine compatible with my Glock 20 pistol.

Option 2:
A .357 Magnum revolver and carbine length lever action if I can find the pair for $1000

Option 3:
EOTech Holo + 3x magnifier for LR-308 rifle (not a firearm, but another thing on the list to get)

EXACTLY WHAT I'D DO!!!!!!!!!111

True that....Boxes of (AE) .223 this past month jumped from $4.99 to $6.99 at my local Wal-Mart. I can only imagine what the price will be in a few months.. Stock up on ammo and components while you can...

Eddie/Dr. Grant. Atilla.., is there something you know about that I dont? Should I start selling off my property like Michael Jackson to buy more ammo?

You probably didn't experience Obamascare the first time around. Many months of not being able to buy ammo, or only being able to buy limited quantities of it at stupidly high prices. The Walmarts were blown out for months and dealers were rationing ammo. Some were only selling ammo in certain calibers for people buying guns. (For example, .380 ACP was REALLY hard to come by!) I lucked out in the sense that I started getting into reloading before the run-up to the election. If I had not been reloading that season I literally would not have been shooting. At the time I also had some 7.62 x 39 and 5.56 NATO laid in so the fact that it was either stupidly priced or made of unobtainium didn't really matter. Even on the reloading end of the scale, powder and primers, and some bullets, were also harder to come by and more expensive, although the primer situation was only dry for about a month... it still sucked though if you were not prepared.

How bad it is going to get this time is unpredictable. It could be better than it was last time. It could also be far worse, with the worst case scenario being Obama getting re-elected, which means that the tinfoiler email knitting circle types will go full retard... and consequently people will be buying at full retard pace in response to his election.

I can say this with relative safety... if you buy ammo or mats to make ammo at a good price now, a year from now I doubt you will lose a dime.

If you have new purchases planned I would lay in a case of ammo or two for whatever calibers you need -before- we get to
the election. The guns might go up in price but they won't be as hard to come by as the ammo might be.

-Mike

Last edited:
I would be buying reloading supplies, but if you don't reload I'd be buying ammo. It's about to get stupid out there IMO.

I'd probably buy a Trijicon (A.C.O.G - 4x32) for my AR but if it had to be a gun... Maybe the Ruger SR1911 I'm only hearing great things about it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom