Hypothetical question, extreme weather handgun

Most posters have totally ignored the OP, and gone off with personal defense "street guns". The question was: whats a good "extreme weather handgun", a "bush gun", so to speak.

Anything that's reliable. I don't think 30 days is going to rust your handgun enough for it to fall apart. As long as it's reliable enough under the mud and crap, you should be good to go.

I'll go with my S&W 15-3. Points like a laser and will deal with people, snakes and dogs easily (just WHY did so many police departments use .38s for so long?).

Light enough not to mind carrying through all this rough terrain, but big enough to handle well.

If I had to chose out of my own collection I would say my sig p250 half of it is plastic so there for no rusting issues and the trigger and all internal parts come out as a whole. So it wpuld be easy to quickly dry it so no rusting or to clear debris but the only thing is mine is a 45 I would want it jn a 9 mm so that way I can carry more ammo instead of bigger caliber with less ammo weighing same as more with 9mm

Ak47 pistol. Or AK74 pistol.

You can't kill those things. Plus, you got a 30 round mag to boot.

Which handgun would you choose and why?

Obvious choice. Glock 20 (10mm) with the Glock stock (yes you technically have to re-manufacture as an SBR but I think it qualifies for this exercise) and Trijicon RMR red dot milled into the slide. Like this Glock 17 SBR but done with a Glock 20.

If having to register as an SBR is off limits for this exercise I'd still totally go Glock 20. Anyone saying anything other than Glock for absurdly adverse environmental conditions is just going all hipster and trying not to admit it's the clear choice.

Glock 17. Capacity, simplicity, durability and reliability, plus I shoot it we'll. IMO people not piston their carry guns should reconsider their choice of carry guns.

I wish I could say my Beretta, but it would have to be my G17 because it just keeps going and going.

Back
Top Bottom