Hype over HK 416

M1911a1g17

NES Member
Hello all. I was wondering if anybody could fill me in on what the hype is over with this HK 416? Is it that it’s a piston driven AR? I know HK is known for quality in at least some of their products. That you in advance.

it is a good weapon, and is, sort of, a collectable. therefore, folks like it.

PS. the piston related improvements - accuracy, heat/gas dissipation, no carbon build-up, remaining cold - all make sense for a proper full auto model.
a semi-auto basterd is available for collectors here too.

Last edited:
Hello all. I was wondering if anybody could fill me in on what the hype is over with this HK 416? Is it that it’s a piston driven AR? I know HK is known for quality in at least some of their products. That you in advance.

The hype, as far as I can tell, is that us lowly US civilians can't get them.

Because HK, f*** you.

42c.png

594kqn0hj6b51.jpg

Your post is confusing me.

Hype isn't the right word at all.

HK is known for its durability and has a high reputation for quality. They're used by elite forces around the world.

I seriously doubt you would buy any HK and then say "it didn't live up to its hype."

FTR I don't own any HK.

Its a perfect storm of

1) its hard to get so it must be great. (In most cases wa are talking about uppers because the lower is select fire and can't be owned by most)
2) it was used to kill BinLaden
3) It has been featured in numerous video games.
4) its actually something unique - a piston AR that actually lasts and runs and runs. Google battle zone Las Vegas review ar15.com

Thats just f'n retarded.. Then again to be able to spend that much money means he most likely has f you money.

I’m thinking about selling my HK for 80 grand. The only thing/sin is I only have 300 rounds through it….I’m just not sure what I’d spend the money on. A new house or a divorce

I could consider myself to be a bit of a Glock fanboy and I don't think they are even close.

My appreciation for Glocks is that they are simply an excellent tool. Very reliable, possibly the most reliable, good performing, reasonably priced.
If someone told me a Glock was worth $1000, I'd simply buy something else.

HK fanboys are another story. The higher the price, the more they want it. Many have never even handled or shot the firearm that they lust after.
As is often the case, the actual experience doesn't begin to match the hype.

On a personal note, the MP5SD has been a grail gun for me. Once I shot one, I was like meh. Its fine, but the trigger sucks and the slide doesn't lock back on an empty mag. But then maybe I'm "operator enough" to appreciate one but I think that the MPX I shot the same day was better. Ha!!

Here you go, 416 upper with a Buy it Now of $10,000. I like how every listing is a unicorn. The whole clone thing is retarded to me, it drives these prices more than HK fanboys. The crazy part is you could buy these for $4,000 just a few years ago.

Here you go, 416 upper with a Buy it Now of $10,000. I like how every listing is a unicorn. The whole clone thing is retarded to me, it drives these prices more than HK fanboys. The crazy part is you could buy these for $4,000 just a few years ago.

In the guy's ad: "WARNING: If you voluntarily live in California then you are probably too irresponsible to own a gun." [rofl]

I could consider myself to be a bit of a Glock fanboy and I don't think they are even close.

My appreciation for Glocks is that they are simply an excellent tool. Very reliable, possibly the most reliable, good performing, reasonably priced.
If someone told me a Glock was worth $1000, I'd simply buy something else.

HK fanboys are another story. The higher the price, the more they want it. Many have never even handled or shot the firearm that they lust after.
As is often the case, the actual experience doesn't begin to match the hype.

On a personal note, the MP5SD has been a grail gun for me. Once I shot one, I was like meh. Its fine, but the trigger sucks and the slide doesn't lock back on an empty mag. But then maybe I'm "operator enough" to appreciate one but I think that the MPX I shot the same day was better. Ha!!

It must be the magic switch you can buy on eBay it’s the only thing appealing about a glock to me…

I think I’m not an HK fan boy because of the price. Why would you have more tripods than guns?

Gosh please stop pretending Democrats and Republicans are any different. Feds will be feds always no matter what they want you call them.
There is one capitol and all the rest are pitiful provinces.

Calm down. It's a Biden/Clinton joke. Clinton deported Elian back to Coobah because his dad made an emboldened plea with Fidel standing behind him with a Makaraov to his head. So the .JBT raided the house and dragged the poor kid out and shipped him back.

And today you've got Biden with a pasta-strainer for a border and he puts his foot down on. . . Cuban refugees????

It's just something strange that Democraps want Cubans in Cuba. Everyone else - c'mere. We're open. Cubans??? Stay home. Fidel-ism is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom