• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hurricane Earl

Today. Don't forget to check and fuel up the snow removal equipment. An oft skipped step this time of year...

My snow removal equipment is 17 years old. I never worry about it. Never had the oil changed, nor a tuneup. All original equipment.

Of course he'll be a senior in high school this year, so it is likely his last year of duty before heading off to college.

My snow removal equipment is 17 years old. I never worry about it. Never had the oil changed, nor a tuneup. All original equipment.

Of course he'll be a senior in high school this year, so it is likely his last year of duty before heading off to college.

[grin] I resent that as a former 17 year old.

Weather channel was (probably still is) talking about the upcoming disaster this morning. One cast member speculated the Cape (Cod) would probably NOT face mandatory evacuations and that was ok because the people there are used to nor'easters and generally have supplies stockpiled in the basement... On the other hand, residents of Cape Hatteras and the area should cooperate with the mandatory evacuation there because nighttime hurricanes are scary there.

Gee, has Cape Hatteras ever even HAD a hurricane pass through? I'll bet nobody there knows how to prep for a storm.

[for the sarcasm impaired, the southeast gets plenty of hurricanes and the people there are just as prepared and unprepared as WE are for nor'easters.]

gotta go now - have to stock up before the grocery store is blown away.

OMG it's going to take a WEEK to clean up after that! All I can say is, it's a darned good thing all us New Englanders have supplies in the basement because of all the nor'easters. The deafening roar of the wind as I went around taping the windows and digging drainage ditches (while tied to the house for safety) would have rivaled an NES shoot!

The storms I fear are the ones the weatherman says not to worry about. I want a job where I can be 80% wrong 75% of the time with a possibility of something else oh look the birds are tweeting.

It sure is a good thing that our Governor declared a preemptive State of Emergency on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom