• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hurricane Earl

Earls track keeps shifting westward. Could turn into a good event for New England on Friday. Good thing to keep an eye on particularly if you are on the Cape/SE Mass and southern RI. Below link shows the path and future wind forecasts. Cape is currently 30-40% chance of tropical storm winds.

www.nhc.noaa.gov

How you supposed to light up a Kool outside the pub in 80 MPH winds?

Oxy-petrol_Cutting_Torch_System_far_exceed_oxy-acetylene_Cutting_torch.jpg

Checking/pruning the trees around your property (especially near your house,powerlines,drive,outbuildings) is often overlooked by many until a storm brings them crashing down.
When wind storms hit tree co.s' command top dollar for emergency service and can be backlogged with jobs also your insurance may request multiple estimates for tree damage clean-up.
Preventive maintenace can avoid costly tree damage.

Just fired up the generator and chainsaw......now to figure out where to park my vehicles so an 80ft pine doesn't come down on them. [shocked] Might have to ask my neighbor if I can park them on the road in his open bog area.

Back
Top Bottom