• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting

You’ve still not said what you’re hunting? If it’s the great North American Bald Beaver, you don’t need a shotgun. Just a club to bonk her in the head with and then drag her home. Or the more subtle and less assaulty approach. Cash pouring out of your zipper and bright colored C8 Corvette.

I’m on the hunt, so to speak, for an older side by side with two triggers. Ideally a Stevens 311. This will allow me to hunt small game and deer at the same time with one gun: shot in one barrel, slug in the other. Leave it behind the door for home defense for the rest of the year.

Crap, I actually like a piece of Biden’s advice? Well I wouldn’t blast away randomly at least.

I have been squirreling away some coin to get this. Don't ask me why because all I know is I want it. My 1968 870 is showing many battle scars.
20 gauge of course.

I’m on the hunt, so to speak, for an older side by side with two triggers. Ideally a Stevens 311. This will allow me to hunt small game and deer at the same time with one gun: shot in one barrel, slug in the other. Leave it behind the door for home defense for the rest of the year.

Crap, I actually like a piece of Biden’s advice? Well I wouldn’t blast away randomly at least.
You can accomplish the same with most any modern over/unders that have a barrel selector safety.

Nope. You can’t do that. It’s not allowed In Massachusetts.

“During shotgun deer season all game hunting seasons are closed statewide except for deer, bear, coyote, and waterfowl.”

Page 18 bottom center of the Abstracts:

https://www.mass.gov/doc/2022-massachusetts-fishing-and-hunting-guide/download

You can accomplish the same with most any modern over/unders that have a barrel selector safety.

I don’t like Over / Unders. You are correct, but my preference is side by side with two triggers.

Nope. You can’t do that. It’s not allowed In Massachusetts.

“During shotgun deer season all game hunting seasons are closed statewide except for deer, bear, coyote, and waterfowl.”

Page 18 bottom center of the Abstracts:

https://www.mass.gov/doc/2022-massachusetts-fishing-and-hunting-guide/download

Not in MA any more. Was so happy to be able to hunt with a rifle, and flushed a grouse 50 yards into the woods with my useless Marlin 336. Threw it in the safe and went back to shotguns. Carry a Blackhawk for deer now.

I don’t like Over / Unders. You are correct, but my preference is side by side with two triggers.

Not in MA any more. Was so happy to be able to hunt with a rifle, and flushed a grouse 50 yards into the woods with my useless Marlin 336. Threw it in the safe and went back to shotguns. Carry a Blackhawk for deer now.
Years ago when I started deer hunting I used to hunt way up in Maine, with my buddies family. We shot a lot of grouse with the hunting rifle we carried while we were just walking logging roads. We would aim for the head and neck, and most of the time it worked out fine. Killed more grouse than I ever did deer with my Marlin 336 in 35rem.

That’s why I went back and edited my post. I remembered that you had escaped the PRM.👍

Get a Drilling - then you can be loaded for bear, as well. At least, that was my dad's theory.

I can't hit the broad side of a barn with a side by side. Over under I am a killer. Can't explain it.

Back
Top Bottom