• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting trip in the spring

A few guys from work and I are planning on a wild boar/hog hunting trip this spring. We are thinking Carolinas or Virginias but we really don't know anyone or any place down there to hunt. Anyone have any suggestions?

Internet?

Florida or Texas would be my first choice. Eddie Coyle has been south for pigs IIRC.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I'd head further south to TX. All the land is private though.

Heli-hunting looks fun, and definitely increases your odds of success.

I'd look into guides or outfitters who can put you in the right places. Or do you wan to go it alone??

We are trying to do it on the cheap. A lot of the guide services I've found are around $300 per hunter, per day, or even more. We want to stay around the 15 hour driving mark as we don't want to fly with all of our firearms.

I've been searching the interwebs but there's a ton out there a and it's hard to narrow it down.

North Caroline has some big hogs... a guy I work with sent me an email the other day of a HUGE hog found along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I wish I had the picture on my personal computer so I could show you. They're down there, just gotta find em. They're smart buggers.

We are trying to do it on the cheap. A lot of the guide services I've found are around $300 per hunter, per day, or even more. We want to stay around the 15 hour driving mark as we don't want to fly with all of our firearms.

I've been searching the interwebs but there's a ton out there a and it's hard to narrow it down.

South Carolina has public hunting in WMA's on certain times in Feb/March. Look up the SC DNR website tells you dates etc. I think a 3 day license is pretty cheap too.

Probably gonna need some time to find areas and scout.....but it's probably one of your cheap options. Francis Marion is a huge WMA down there that offers public hog hunting, and there are others, mostly in the eastern part of the state. I think the south east part and river areas have the best populations.

Most places is FL or Texas, or SC guided hunts are 200 plus a day....however, I think its one of those things where you get what you pay for. Most hunters that go guided in FL or Texas come back with pork and see a ton of pigs.

Thanks.

I think we settled on going to SC. We just need to find a good guide and lodge now. We don't have the time to scout a lot so I don't think going our own in a WMA would be practical. It's about a 15 hour drive from VT.

Know of any good guides in the state?

I think youll find guided in SC more expensive thanguided in FL or TX. From my research east texas has the best guided pricing.

The internet is your friend looking for SC guides. Personally ive never been. There are a lot of hunt clubs down there you could always try and find someone in a hunt club that might help you they are locals and might know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom