• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HUNTING SPOT NOW POSTED

Viper22

NES Member
I've got 200+ acres behind my house that I had planned on hunting this year. There are TONS of deer just a few minutes walk from my backyard. For the past 13 years, yes thats right, the past 13 YEARS this land has been owned by Norcross Wildlife. When they purchased the land, my family asked about hunting and if the land will get posted. The people at Norcross said that it is too expensive to post and is too far away from their main plot of land to bother posting it.

Well I went squirrel hunting Tuesday. No posted signs.

I went out today. POSTED SIGNS!!!

WTF!!!

I had planned on squirrel, turkey, and deer hunting on this land. I know this land like the back of my hand. And now its off limits!!!!!

I'm so pissed off right now. THIS SUCKS!!![angry][angry][angry][angry][angry]

I hear ya. The Nature Conservancy acquires large tracts all the time and then promptly posts it. It sucks.

I hear ya. The Nature Conservancy acquires large tracts all the time and then promptly posts it. It sucks.

They've owned it for 13 years...Just now is it posted.

I'm still pissed.[angry]

I'm going to try to get in contact with them and explain the situation. Maybe I'll get permission.

[angry]

they may have posted it to keep everyone off of it, but they may continue to let you hunt it if you ask nicely.

they may have posted it to keep everyone off of it, but they may continue to let you hunt it if you ask nicely.

Thats what I'm hoping for. Maybe I can persuade them to let me hunt the land if I give the wildlife foundation a donation.[thinking]

Posted or not AFAIK Norcross has never permitted hunting on thier land. At one time they owned 70 acres behind my house. It was posted along the main road but nowhere else. It was hunted anyway and I was told they would kick you out the first time and prosecute if you returned.

They've owned it for 13 years...Just now is it posted.

I'm still pissed.[angry]

I'm going to try to get in contact with them and explain the situation. Maybe I'll get permission.

[angry]

No you wont. They are anti's. They let no one hunt. They have been slowly posting all the land they own in Monson and Wales We lost some killer spots in wales the last couple years. They suck!!! [angry]

The only good thing is it creates deer sanctuaries and the bucks inside get big. Then the wander out of the posted signs in search of does. Like this one did in Wales.
99buck1.jpg

It makes me wonder if someone saw you out there poking around in blaze orange Tuesday, and promptly got to posting it all???
Just playing devil's advocate, I had a similar experience years back. They didn't know the land was being hunted and when they saw me (legally) hunting, it got them in a tizzy and that was all she wrote!

Holy Sh!t...

Thats a huge buck!

Well, not all hope is lost. My buddy's grandfather owns a farm that I'll be able to hunt. I've also got access to the land next to Norcross Wildlife.

It makes me wonder if someone saw you out there poking around in blaze orange Tuesday, and promptly got to posting it all???
Just playing devil's advocate, I had a similar experience years back. They didn't know the land was being hunted and when they saw me (legally) hunting, it got them in a tizzy and that was all she wrote!

Nope this is typically what they do. They wait untill a couple weeks before bow season opens and then post it. That way they hope to waste any preseason scouting you have already done.

Back
Top Bottom