• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting from Blind in MA. So...what about the orange?

Will be hunting from my blind for the last few days of shotgun. I carried it last trip but while taking my shotgun for a walk around the entire effing mountain, I started to worry in silence about orange and any legal issues surrounding it. Am I legal to be hunting from a blind, with no orange attached to it? I should probably do it for my own safety more than fear of the law since my clothing is more than legal...but still... I want peace of mind.

Learn something new every day.

I will look for some orange tape..... I'd prefer to have visible orange on the blind.

http://www.amazon.com/Barronett-Blinds-AV180-Blaze-Orange/dp/B001TLMVHO

61Qdc0XE7qL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon only shows 2 left. But if you want one and they sell out Gandermountian has them for the same price. Or you could look at a place like harbor freight for a cheap tarp. I don't know if they will have orange though.

So a hunter a few hundred yards away doesn't use your blind as a backdrop for their shot, would be one reason. *******s who shoot at sounds would be another, "Here hold my beer. I think I heard that bush down there move..."

When I used one on public (actually club property) and in NH, I just tied a whole bung of hunters orange strips on it. There was enough so most people with some sense could tell it was not marking a tree or trail.

Back
Top Bottom