• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting for a miter saw

I’ve been tearing the net apart looking for a particular miter saw. It’s a ridgid 10” sliding compound miter saw with 70 degree miter capacity. Their discontinued a year ago but I still want one. I can get the 12” one all day but their just to cumbersome to move around all the time. Their has to be one out there somewhere !!

Sorry, no help. I have the rigid 12” on the stand which makes a world of difference. Good luck

Have you contacted Ridgid yet?

Address / Phone

Ridge Tool Company (oddly, yes, this is how they spell the street name...)
400 Clark St
Elyria, Ohio 44035
United States

Phone: 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443)

Sorry, no help. I have the rigid 12” on the stand which makes a world of difference. Good luck

I have my DeWalt 12" on a rolling stand that lets me collapse it and wheel the thing around. That really does make a huge difference when you don't have a dedicated bench setup.

Have you tried just upgrading to the 12" and not flinting on a good stand?

I have my DeWalt 12" on a rolling stand that lets me collapse it and wheel the thing around. That really does make a huge difference when you don't have a dedicated bench setup.

Have you tried just upgrading to the 12" and not flinting on a good stand?
Good stand is a must. Im not even a carpenter

MEETOO!!!! Hell, I used it for one project and then it sits in a corner all folded up. LOL Just too much of a hassle to unfold. If I'm doing one or two cuts, the old one does me fine. I haven't cut that many pieces since I did my built-ins. (which is what I bought it for.)

I have a brand new stand I can mount it on but the problem is getting in the back of my truck by myself. I have contacted ridgid and they weren’t much help. They said the currant problem with China and shipping to the states isn’t helping matters either. There is one laying around somewhere. I just have to find it. Ridgid modle R4210

One sold last week on eBay. Maybe set an item alert if you need that model.

I build flag boxes for memorial flags that need them. I have a jig set up for my table saw but being able to spin the miterbox to 671/2 degrees to make the bottom miters would be a lot more convient 👍 I enjoy making them and never charge for them.

Back
Top Bottom