Hunting/fishing with members.

I have hunted and fished with a few members from the board here.. However last year I defiantly had more requests then I was able to oblige.. Same with fishing I missed a few guys this spring who wanted to fish.. So I will throw this out early this year If you want to get together for some hunting lets make plans here early... Especially if you are a new hunter! I am far from a g
Pro hunter but I hold my own..If your new I can show you the ropes! Deer pheasants turkey geese I am pretty decent at... At the same time if you are a good coyote hunter I would defintly like to tag along with someone.. As this year it may be something would like to get deeper into I have only bagged one and I believe that was pure luck

I am in the south east part of the state.
However I will travel to hunt with anyone within the state if your experienced and just looking for a hunting buddy.. If your new to hunting It would be best if we hunted my home area. For.obvious reasons...

Also would be fun to have a meet/hunt on a Saturday morning during pheasant season at a WMA... If anyone is interested we can try to put that together....

Also if you dont have a hunting license or havent taken the course and you are just curious Dont hesitate I will be happy to.have you tag along on certain hunts!

I'd be up for a meet at a WMA for pheasant. I don't have a dog so this would be helpful.

I may also want to go for deer. I've sat in the woods one and froze my ass off and saw only a chipmunk. I'm not sure on what my weekends look like yet that far in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I'll be bear hunting on the afternoon of 9/1 and can bring a person with me. It's a nice set up on my farm with a shooting house. I'll be hunting with a baiting permit on my family's farm. Only one shooter which will be me unless I shoot one that morning. The farm is in NH. I have a few bear eating in my garden so I have them on cam already.

Let me know

Ham slam Good luck on the bear! I got one a couple years back that may have been enough.. between the stink and the taste of the meat..... However I do want a rug lol.. If you were in mass I would Probably take you up on it...

Chaser I hunt pheasants twice a week minimum during the season... Usally at a WMA in Dartmouth or fallriver.. But every saturday morning is a defiant! So if a Saturday at sunrise works send over a pm.

The WMA group hunt lets think about a good WMA Not sure if we want one of the smaller ww3 type ones lol or a larger one... Pending where everyone is... So if anyone would like to particpate post where you would like to hunt.. once it gets close we can make a new thread in the members area so we avoid the lurkers showing up

Would love to go along with a deer hunt... Never hunted before and know what needs to be done, but never actually done it, so would love to watch someone else gut a time or two before I try it on my own. Is it too late this year to get a hunters safety class in? I haven't even looked into it for a few years now.

I wouldn't mind getting more into the hunting. I have hunted pheasant with minimal success and have hunted deer on and off over the years with zero success. I got a coyote a few years back by total luck while trying to hunt deer. i did bag a deer once.......with my truck.......but it was not recoverable. Wouldn't mind getting back into it at all. I am also local to you I believe. Fishing would be nice also. I got lots of fishing stuff that goes unused for long periods of time.

I am in the Southshore and would love to go pheasant / deer or whatever hunting with local guys and NES members. I need to get my puppy/visla up and training this year so he would be ready for upland next year. I am IN [grin]

Would love to go along with a deer hunt... Never hunted before and know what needs to be done, but never actually done it, so would love to watch someone else gut a time or two before I try it on my own. Is it too late this year to get a hunters safety class in? I haven't even looked into it for a few years now.

Its not too late but they do fill up fast...Basic Hunter Education Courses | MassWildlife

Chaser I hunt pheasants twice a week minimum during the season... Usally at a WMA in Dartmouth or fallriver.. But every saturday morning is a defiant! So if a Saturday at sunrise works send over a pm.

The WMA group hunt lets think about a good WMA Not sure if we want one of the smaller ww3 type ones lol or a larger one... Pending where everyone is... So if anyone would like to particpate post where you would like to hunt.. once it gets close we can make a new thread in the members area so we avoid the lurkers showing up

PM sent. It looks like most of the people interested are south of boston; looks like i'm going to be doing a lot of driving.

If you can't find a space in the Mass hunter Ed 16 hour class you could take the NH online class which has an 8 hour field day after you finish the online program. With a late start that may get you a first time hunting license for the upcoming season.

If you can't find a space in the Mass hunter Ed 16 hour class you could take the NH online class which has an 8 hour field day after you finish the online program. With a late start that may get you a first time hunting license for the upcoming season.

I didn't realize that out of state classes are good. I took a NJ one years ago, but I don't think I have any paperwork left from it. Do you have to prove a old class or just swear to it, and know that if you lie and get caught its big trouble

I'd be down for some fishing. As for hunting, that's sounds good too, but I got limited days off to hunt and have countless hours and endless miles in the area I hunt. I'd have to take a day off in my woods to hunt somewhere and all day long just wondering about my stands...

I've never hunted birds, I'm sure I love it but I'm not one for eating waterfowl, so why hunt them...

I didn't realize that out of state classes are good. I took a NJ one years ago, but I don't think I have any paperwork left from it. Do you have to prove a old class or just swear to it, and know that if you lie and get caught its big trouble

When I switched to the online licensing system I had to "sign" a statement that I previously held a hunting license or taken a course; but being the pack rat that I am I still had the certificate from 1995.

I'd be down for some fishing. As for hunting, that's sounds good too, but I got limited days off to hunt and have countless hours and endless miles in the area I hunt. I'd have to take a day off in my woods to hunt somewhere and all day long just wondering about my stands...

I've never hunted birds, I'm sure I love it but I'm not one for eating waterfowl, so why hunt them...

Pheasant is different from waterfowl. They're pretty tasty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

uncle fester do you hunt in mass?

looks like one of the southeastern mass WMA will be most desirable... The two that come to mind would be Myles Standish as its large and we can also hunt quail.. Or Dartmouth as it is small and you dont really need a dog on a Saturday at all! Any other ideas?

looks like one of the southeastern mass WMA will be most desirable... The two that come to mind would be Myles Standish as its large and we can also hunt quail.. Or Dartmouth as it is small and you dont really need a dog on a Saturday at all! Any other ideas?

Myles seems to be endless, I mountain bike there twice a week but never hunted.

I really want to get into upland birds and would love to learn a bit about pheasant hunting from someone with experience. I know they stock the westboro wma which is in my town.

I've never hunted Mass, but there's a first time for everything. SE Mass is cool, I'm in NW RI (4 miles East of CT, and 5 miles South of Mass). I'll let you know now that my availability generally sucks, so don't plan an outing based on when I can make it. If my wife is around to watch our son, I'll be all over it though.

I would be very interested in hunting anything.

I moved here from South Carolina about 2 years ago and have no clue how to get into hunting up here. I hunted deer down south with a rifle on family land, so it's going to be a big change switching to a shotgun up here and not knowing where I can hunt.

I'm in Boston but I'm willing to drive anywhere in the NE so I can learn and have a good time. I have plenty of vacation time, so I can go during the week if that helps.

Last edited:
Count me in. I'm about to purchase a slug gun for deer this year, but I am also interested in birds. I'm in Worcester and don't mind driving a bit if it's to meet with another member/group.

So if you can see my PM box on hunting right now LOL! SO I have a solution I will be doing two things in the members area I will start a post with a hunters write a guide for members on getting into hunting step buy step laws regs where pheasants/quail are stocked a general how to.. Also will go into ducks geese and deer.. Sorry you will have to put up with my terrible grammar and dyslexia I also will post when I am going on a hunt I don't mind bringing folks along! Hopefully a few days ahead of time Again it will show up in the members area I will post a link when I get the guide typed out.

Saw you posted up the Beginner's Guide to MA Hunting so I'm going to give that a read. Thanks for all the help and advice to us newbies.

Back
Top Bottom