• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunter's Trading Post, Weymouth, MA

Big Joe: You are going to have to find someone else to bash not playing into it. Bottom line your wrong and as you said at the bottom of your post "My Opinion that HTP is a better shop" I have had dealings with many many unhappy customers from Hunters and there are about 90% negative comments on here about his shop. The den has been selling for over a year with not one negative comment that tells you all any person reading the forums needs to know. And Hunters had to lower there prices seeing the Den was way lower then hunters on price, Don could get away with it before but with a shop opened near by he has to come down. He was selling at MSRP for years and as a dealer sure he can do that. And as for a gunsmith I have heard about his gun smith I will be happy to keep my guns away from them lol. I belong to Braintree and have for over 10yrs any time Hunters comes up about three people at the same time say don't go there, what does that tell you? Look you live in your own world the facts are the facts about Hunters no matter how much you bash on me that is not going to change things.

Oh no, you're "playing into it", putz...with every inept response you make that dodges the points I, as well as others make about you, you're "playing into it" [laugh]. As far as your extremely uneducated comments about Bob and Sergei (HTP's gunsmiths), you are now officially talking straight out of your ass...neither of them have EVER had a complaint about their service! I know that because I'm very close with both of them. But as I said before, you obviously work for SD and are just trying to drum up business for them...the quote below proves my point.

Thank you very much. I try my best to help each and every customer with their needs. If you need anything else stop in and Ron and thanks for coming in!!

Last edited:
Hm.... just catching up on this thread this morning... [coffee][popcorn] I am near both Hunter's and Sportsman's so I'll have to check them out soon and settle the score [laugh]

Jmh992003 I do on call brother my full time is working for the federal Government. I have no vested interest in the shop other then doing a few days a year when he needs me. So I think I can talk about what every shop I want, over all yes I think the customer service is good from Ron seeing he is all about the customer and that is how any owner should be. So sorry to disappoint you, glad you have nothing better to do then look up old posts lol.

Went into hunters today for the first time in a long time (in the past I have not always been thrilled with customer service).

The store was pretty much packed, but the customer service today was great. Both Don and Phil were very friendly and attentive. There where no ARs left, but I grabbed a lightly used PTR which I think will satisfy my need for panic buying.

Big thumbs up for HTP

Was there yesterday... made a great purchase with the help of Rick he was especially patient with the deal. Prices were competitive and had ammo. My third gun purchase from them and certainly will be back. Thumbs up to both actually as I have very good experiences with both. So with all the business, the more the better for the consumer from my point of view. Competition is good.

Happy New Year!!

Was there yesterday... made a great purchase with the help of Rick he was especially patient with the deal. Prices were competitive and had ammo. My third gun purchase from them and certainly will be back. Thumbs up to both actually as I have very good experiences with both. So with all the business, the more the better for the consumer from my point of view. Competition is good.

Happy New Year!!

Any black rifles in stock? ARs, AKs, M1As?

Try sportsmans den in Quincy just like fourseason without the drive.

ummmmmmm...No. SD has no where near the staff or inventory that 4Seasons has. They seem like good guys in there.

Just an HTP story. A few years ago I bought an S&W 3430? I think. grey gun, .40 single stack mag. Kept jambing and it went back to S&W 3 times. Never got fixed and Don actually gave me a full refund on it towards another gun. I hear all these stories about him and it's just not what I've seen. He even took care of my mother when she went in. Treated her w/ respect and good service. She did go in knowing exactly what she wanted and paid cash for it.

I'll be honest I try to stick w/ Phil when I can. I think he gets how to run a business in todays world and knows how to keep customers.

Is Dwayne still there? I havent' had to go in for a while and I would hope he is gone by now.

I too am a fan of Hunters Trading Post. Don and Phil are bolth good guys. Bob their gunsmith is a cool guy and very helpful.

I will not go back until Don is retired or otherwise gone. He is a pompous jerk, in my opinion, and treats people poorly for no apparent reason.

I will not go back until Don is retired or otherwise gone. He is a pompous jerk, in my opinion, and treats people poorly for no apparent reason.

Any time I go there is at least 5-6 customers. So not everyone shares your opinion. I do not know your specific reason for your dislike toward Don, nor do I wish to. But not everyone is smooth and polished when it comes to conversing with others. Some times people do not hide their emotions and it shows up through interactions. I won't tolerate being dis-respected, but shrug off a grumpy old man.

I made the drive down to hunter's trading post for the first time yesterday. They had a pretty nice selection of used guns and the guys there were excellent, very friendly. I ended up leaving with a mitchell arms m16a1/22 rifle, no haggling at all, I through out a number and that's what I payed for it. Definately going back again!

Got my first shotgun here Friday after getting out of work. It was packed and I had to park around the corner but it was an easy process. And despite them being very busy even just 1 hour before closing everyone I interacted with was pretty easy going.

I bought my S&W 15-22 there a couple years ago. Buy ammo and just look around the shop when I get a chance to drop by. The guys there have always been polite to me, and the other shoppers, from what I have seen.

Made a couple of purchases there. Generally helpful and friendly, acceptable to good prices, good inventory of handguns, used and new rifles, modern sporting rifles. They take pre-orders and actually call you when the guns come in. Overall one of my two favorite gun stores. Major plus is that they are not as overrun as Four Seasons - so the drive is worth it outside of rush hour even if you are not on the south shore.

Did a transfer there yesterday. Big changes, alot of new faces and I had a really good time. Inventory is up, ammo still low. Back on my list to visit. Nice job guys!

Picked up a used, but unfired, beautiful SIG P229 here today. Great used price on like new item, AND I was able to also use a 10% off coupon from the Monument Beach Sportsmans Club gun show last weekend.

Was a great experience. Your mileage may vary, I guess, from what I see above. All I can go by is my experience on this day. Thanks.

Bought my first gun from them and went back again for my second great guys and lots of great info. Prices are higher I think than mfs. But I like doing business with these guys

I was in there a few weeks ago buying some ammo. Stocked up on .22, and .45. Always fun just looking at what they have in stock. Never any problems with the staff there.

Based on the positive remarks in this thread I decided to stop by Hunters on my way back from the Plymouth show.

Store clerks seemed nice enough, however it does irk me that they have to hold onto my LTC just in case I run out the front door while examining one of their guns.

They also have a nice selection of older collectable pistols and long arms, however I know why the have such a large selection: One would have to be a fool to purchase them at the price on the tag. I would estimate some to be almost 200% of a reasonable price. There was a nothing special Garand with the CMP tag still attached that CMP sold for $695 18 months ago with a $1400 price tag.

Not in any rush to go back.

I called them the other day to check stock on a Ruger SR9C in TT. They said they had a like new used one on his shelf with everything it came with new. I drive by there on my way home so I told him I would stop by and pick it up. Now I know it is my fault for not asking a price but it was $399 used! I see them listed NEW for $369 up north of Boston. I said this to him and he told me to enjoy my drive. It wasn't until the next day but I went up there bought the pistol, a takedown 10/22 and about $400 more in ammo and accessories. Well worth the drive.

Sent directly from my thoughts using tinfoil antennas and a stainless mixing bowl helmet.

I called them the other day to check stock on a Ruger SR9C in TT. They said they had a like new used one on his shelf with everything it came with new. I drive by there on my way home so I told him I would stop by and pick it up. Now I know it is my fault for not asking a price but it was $399 used! I see them listed NEW for $369 up north of Boston. I said this to him and he told me to enjoy my drive. It wasn't until the next day but I went up there bought the pistol, a takedown 10/22 and about $400 more in ammo and accessories. Well worth the drive.

Sent directly from my thoughts using tinfoil antennas and a stainless mixing bowl helmet.

I tried to get a price on the phone from them one time. I had the misfortune of speaking with Don, the owner. He would not give me a price. Told me I had to come in to find out. I said what about a ballpark, and he wouldn't even give me that. That may have been the first time I realized what a d*ck he is. I won't go back until he is gone.

Back
Top Bottom