Hunter's Trading Post, Weymouth, MA

This shop definitely has a bad reputation. I'm a member of a local gun range and everyone there constantly puts down don and his prices. I went in once but haven't been back in years after a bad experience. Maybe they've changed their ways but from what I've heard they've got a lot of changing to do!

I've been going there for years and have made several purchases from them they were extremely helpful to me and if you ever have a problem with a gun they will take care it with no hassle they are a good shop and I will continue dealing with them

I think its safe to say the bad rep they had in the past is just that, a thing of the past. Got my fiancee her Xmas present here and the staff was very easy going and friendly. Prices weren't bad either. Thats the 2nd purchase I've made here and I wouldn't hesitate to make a 3rd.

I think its safe to say the bad rep they had in the past is just that, a thing of the past. Got my fiancee her Xmas present here and the staff was very easy going and friendly. Prices weren't bad either. Thats the 2nd purchase I've made here and I wouldn't hesitate to make a 3rd.

Glad to hear that HTP has apparently improved. I stopped going there a while ago (in part because I buy most of my guns in the NES classifies), but also due to the fac that high prices and poor customer service is a pretty unappealing combination.

another poor experience here today.... its like a bi-polar gun shop. One day smiles and appreciation, another you get a 'side of smug' with a box of ammo. Forget it, its worth the drive to Four Seasons or anywhere for that matter.

To be honest his prices are high but as a dealer he can charge what he wants! But if you want a nice shop just go to sportsman's den, It is right down the road in Quincy the owner Ron and his guys are very helpful and are not pushy in any way. They just want you to find the firearm or product you want and be happy.

To be honest his prices are high but as a dealer he can charge what he wants! But if you want a nice shop just go to sportsman's den, It is right down the road in Quincy the owner Ron and his guys are very helpful and are not pushy in any way. They just want you to find the firearm or product you want and be happy.

what he said

"Far better" in YOUR opinion...NOT in mine. You like SD so much, go extoll their virtues in their thread instead of trolling for them in HTP's.

"Far better" in YOUR opinion...NOT in mine. You like SD so much, go extoll their virtues in their thread instead of trolling for them in HTP's.

Big Joe what is your issue? The topic as been about hunters and people are putting in there thought in on a better shop simple as that. That is what this area of the form is for no one is "extoll" as you put it so sorry your so unhappy with peoples thoughts but that is what this is about. But my guess why your not happy is your either a buddy of Don or his kid or some old customer that hangs out at the shop.

Big Joe what is your issue? The topic as been about hunters and people are putting in there thought in on a better shop simple as that. That is what this area of the form is for no one is "extoll" as you put it so sorry your so unhappy with peoples thoughts but that is what this is about. But my guess why your not happy is your either a buddy of Don or his kid or some old customer that hangs out at the shop.

My issue? How about schill's like you that obviously either work for SD, or (as you accuse me of) are a buddy of the owner, half of your posts on NES are some sort of plug for Sportsmen's Den. In and of itself that's fine, but when that repetitive diarrhea constantly spills over into another shop's thread, it's annoying.

BTW, I have no problem with SD, I've been in there and it's a decent little shop, but comparing them to Four Seasons is like comparing an orange to a watermelon.

Try sportsmans den in Quincy just like fourseason without the drive.

The funny thing is that you and a couple of other delusional people out here actually believe the comparison is reasonable! [rofl]

My issue? How about schill's like you that obviously either work for SD, or (as you accuse me of) are a buddy of the owner, half of your posts on NES are some sort of plug for Sportsmen's Den. In and of itself that's fine, but when that repetitive diarrhea constantly spills over into another shop's thread, it's annoying.

BTW, I have no problem with SD, I've been in there and it's a decent little shop, but comparing them to Four Seasons is like comparing an orange to a watermelon.

The funny thing is that you and a couple of other delusional people out here actually believe the comparison is reasonable! [rofl]

No one meant any offense I'm sure. It's just about having options and sharing them with our fellow shooters. There are a lot of complaints about Hunters here and for those people it's nice to know you have options.

Seriously henchmen77, if you like SD so much then talk about that shop in its own thread. I live in the area, have been to both SD and HTP numerous times and both shops have comparable prices. All your posts sound like horrible salesman pitches. Let the stores stand on their own merit.

I found the mention of SD helpful, because I didn't know about it. More helpful for someone in that immediate area than for me, I suppose, but one of the next times I am passing through that neck of the woods at a reasonable hour, I'll go check it out.

Seriously henchmen77, if you like SD so much then talk about that shop in its own thread. I live in the area, have been to both SD and HTP numerous times and both shops have comparable prices. All your posts sound like horrible salesman pitches. Let the stores stand on their own merit.

Diskothek: You have your thoughts and I have mine but thanks for your 2 cents.

Thanks

Last edited:

Big Joe I know both Carl and Ron personally from shopping in both shops over many years. And I have been in Don's shop many times and did shop with him till he hit my three strikes your out rule and to be honest the only shop in Mass that has ever gave me bad, bad service that many times in a row. And I can tell for a fact you don't know Ron or Carl because if you did you would know their personality and take on customer service is the same! Now we both had our little rude comments to each other you want to talk like adults from now on? And as much as you hate it you can talk about any shop in any shop's thread that is what is all about. Lots of other shop sections have guys talk and recommend other shops sorry you don't like it much but that is how it is.

Big Joe I know both Carl and Ron personally from shopping in both shops over many years. And I have been in Don's shop many times and did shop with him till he hit my three strikes your out rule and to be honest the only shop in Mass that has ever gave me bad, bad service that many times in a row. And I can tell for a fact you don't know Ron or Carl because if you did you would know their personality and take on customer service is the same!

Ha ha, you know for "a fact" huh? I know Carl well enough, probably better than you...but that's neither here nor there. What's pertinent here is your ridiculous claim that SD was 4S without the drive. Don't try and back peddle saying you were referring to customer service or "personality" [laugh].

Try sportsmans den in Quincy just like fourseason without the drive.

Anyone who's been to both shops knows that's just absurd. Also, like myself and Diskothek pointed out, your posts DO sound like sad salesman's pitches for Sportsmen's Den, it's really pathetic. All it takes is a few seconds reviewing your posts to prove my point there.

Like I said, I think SD is a decent shop, no problems with the shop or Ron...whenever I've been in there he has been quite accommodating. However, it is MY opinion that HTP is a better shop, they employ an in-house as well as a secondary gunsmith, larger selection of firearms & ammunition as well as accessories, typically have more counter help on hand than SD, prices are on par with any area gun shop, lastly it has been my experience that HTP's customer service is just as good as if not better than any shop out there.

Big Joe: You have your view and me and the rest have the facts of being around the shops and people that have gone there. Thanks and have yourself a great NES day!

Last edited:
Ha ha, you know for "a fact" huh? I know Carl well enough, probably better than you...but that's neither here nor there. What's pertinent here is your ridiculous claim that SD was 4S without the drive. Don't try and back peddle saying you were referring to customer service or "personality" [laugh].

Anyone who's been to both shops knows that's just absurd. Also, like myself and Diskothek pointed out, your posts DO sound like sad salesman's pitches for Sportsmen's Den, it's really pathetic. All it takes is a few seconds reviewing your posts to prove my point there.

Like I said, I think SD is a decent shop, no problems with the shop or Ron...whenever I've been in there he has been quite accommodating. However, it is MY opinion that HTP is a better shop, they employ an in-house as well as a secondary gunsmith, larger selection of firearms & ammunition as well as accessories, typically have more counter help on hand than SD, prices are on par with any area gun shop, lastly it has been my experience that HTP's customer service is just as good as if not better than any shop out there.

[rofl] If that were the case, I would buy stuff there. It isn't.

Back
Top Bottom