• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunters Beware

Gary asks: "What's a .444 calibre rifle?"

Almost certainly a .444 Marlin. Loooong, straight-walled case. Would probably dissuade the average bear, which is NOT what the bruin in question seems to be.

On the subject of threats, check out the latest PETA propaganda, designed to make children scared of their father:

http://www.fishinghurts.com/pdfs/DaddyKillsAnimals.pdf

This apparently is the sequel to the "Mommy cuts the heads off chickens" campaign.

Thanks for the answer. My thought was that it was actually a .44 Magnum, but I don't know if that's a legal hunting cartridge. I know Ruger used to make a carbine that calibre, but I don't know if anyone currently does.

FWIW, I'm a member of PETA. People Eating Tasty Animals, that is. <G>

Garu

I'm Weer'd and I kill the fishies!

If somebody asked me why I'm hooked on killing, I'd say.

Yarrrr

#1: it pays the bills

#2: they're yummy!

#3: It's FUN!

-Weer'd Beard

SR,

Check out the link. At the bottom of the PDF is directions that take you to the main page of that PDF: Fishinghurts.com

It's apparently for real.

EDIT: worst part is the second page tells the kids to keep the family dog away from their blood thirsty father. Horrible.

Yeah no that comic is the REAL deal, and PETA is quite proud of it!

keep yer Dogs away from 'Ol Weer'd, kids. We know he's a dastardly pirate!

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Yeah, same here. I've learned as a Marine Biologist, and a true Environmentalist (Hey if the environment goes to hell I'm out of a job, and a job I've spent most of my life to get to!)

How much Damage reactionary groups like PETA and Green Peace do to the environment.

Any Extreamist group gets minimal work done (because they set the bar too high) and what they DO do is alienate the people who could be HELPING them.

Do you think a Commertial Fisherman who dropped out of High School at age 15, and has no other skills wants the fish to all die? HELLS no.

But when I tell him I'm here to help him accomplish that goal he doesn't trust me.....why? Because of Websites like Fishing Hurts, and Green Peace commandos trying to ban fishing (Also with political types passing laws on fishing that are VERY similar to the gun laws we have to deal with).

Nope as a lover of animals and the Planet, I HATE PETA and Green Peace.

-Weer'd Beard

Weer'd Beard said:
Nope as a lover of animals and the Planet, I HATE PETA and Green Peace.

Well, there's the difference between you and PETA & Greenpeace: You love animals... they just hate humans.

There is a major difference between Greenpeace and PETA; the latter has a terrorist front (ALF) and the former does not.

Hey, any group that the FRENCH feel they have to blow up - in a foreign harbor - must have SOMETHING worthwhile about it. [wink]

NOT to defend PETA in ANY way, however, when they first started eons ago, they weren't like they are now. They really were focused on cruel treatment of animals (circus animals come to mind, as well as dogs and cats, etc), and that's why I joined them. Course, I'm a bit older than you are SR. But along the way, they started getting the lunatic fringe joining, and that's when they started going to hell in a hand basket. They started going off the deep end 20 some odd years ago when they began their attacks on women who wear furs. Not that I had a fur coat, but that's when I started thinking that maybe they were going above and beyond and pulled my membership.

Back
Top Bottom