• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunters begining Boycott of Colorado in response to new Firearms Law

This says it all. The gun haters are determined to disarm America, but realize that they must do it in increments. Today it's your evil black rifle. When they've gotten those, then it's those super-accurate high-powered sniper rifles, then it's those pump-action shotguns capable of committing close range massacres because of the multiple pellet ammo. Then its, etc....
Additionally, the gun haters will also shamelessly exploit any firearms-related tragedy to the fullest extent possible, irregardless of who it is. They have no shame nor honesty. To them, the end result ALWAYS justifies the means.
This is how the democrats do all their big gov laws, ie. seat belt, trapping laws, s.s., Medicare/Medicaid, civil rights, start small then expand ! Wish they'd just go away.

Last edited:
Of course, we must keep our eyes on all relevant issues.

However the mental illness issue that leads to violence seems more difficult to deal with.

We must do that also.
Do you have factual evidence to support mental issues lead to violence? for the most part people with mental issues are less likely to be violent

Facts About Mental Illness and Violence - Mental Health Reporting - UW School of Social Work

What we need to do is allow people that want to carry the ability to do so and we will see fewer incidents of mass shootings. Murder will happen with or without guns evil exist and can't stop it you can only be prepared when it raises its ugly head

My question is, Mass has been doing what Colorado just did since 2004. Where's the repercussions here?

It's easy for us to point fingers across the border and say, "we're not doing business with you." While we ourselves are running business in a state that has never said anything other than Assault Weapons are evil, no more than 10 round magazines, no foldable stocks, etc. etc.

Seems kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, ain't it?

The article is about hunters. MA is far from a destination hunting state. Colorado makes a lot of cash on elk, mule deer and pronghorn licenses. They probably have the largest elk herd in the states.

MA a has one of the lowest deer kills in the united states. One of the lowest herd densities as well. Boycotting hunting here is a joke and a non issue. Ive already done it though. For the past few years ive decided its not worth my time even though i can go right out my back door.

Last edited:
The boycott idea is pathetic!

Some seem to believe that the problem is state control when the real problem is crazy people killing innocent folks and children.

Think of some ways to improve things!

I'm not following. You mispost in the wrong thread?

1 The state of Colorado went full retard. 2 businesses Move out and everyone boycott their huge outdoors related industries.
3 State loses money hand over fist.
5 Citizens realize that the voted for a bunch of idiots and votes them out of office.

Seems like a good idea...

The boycott idea is pathetic!

Some seem to believe that the problem is state control when the real problem is crazy people killing innocent folks and children.

Think of some ways to improve things!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm not following. You mispost in the wrong thread?
1 The state of Colorado went full retard. 2 businesses Move out and everyone boycott their huge outdoors related industries.
3 State loses money hand over fist.
5 Citizens realize that the voted for a bunch of idiots and votes them out of office.
Seems like a good idea...
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Some folks fail to see the larger picture. People that fail to at least attempt to follow a boycott are part of the problem IMO.
This hurray for me and fvck you attitude is part of what keeps us divided.
If we stuck together and hit the
companies
states
manufacturers
banks
stores
actors
that insist on coddling, promoting or allowing anti gun crap in the wallet, we send a very clear message that we've had enough.
Notice I said attempt. It can be hard sometimes. If it's the only place you've got, then you're choices are limited.

There's a LOT of us. If we were competely united, these clowns would quickly change their tune and stop with "conditioning"

Boycotting hunting in a place that has passed some gun law is not the best idea.

The problem is that guns were used by a mentally ill person.

That's what we need to focus on and correct.

Spoken like a liberal.

Maybe there are just some things in this world that cannot be "corrected" - without the "correction" being worse than the original problem you were trying to fix.

Have you ever considered that?

A good part of the fight that is going on here - and the reason why people are boycotting Colorado in the first place - is that a whole bunch of people there, people here in MA - and people who are running our Federal govt. - think that the thing that needs to be "focused on and corrected" - is gun ownership by civilians in the first place.

The reason why Colorado is getting boycotted - is because a whole bunch of other people are sick to death of being forced to pay a price for the actions of criminal others.

If there was room for reasonable discussion here - then there would not be knee jerk reactions - and opportunistic manipulation of the truth - to try and ban guns from the hands of law abiding people.

It's all of the other stuff that is being done behind the scenes to remove guns from the hands of civilians - that makes people say " **** you" - and start boycotting entire states that decide to go down that gun ban road.

People need to pay a price for their actions. If you want to concentrate on one thing that could possibly "correct" this - then that is a pretty good place to start. But given the fact that we live in a society that bans dodgeball and consders everybody "equal" up to and including criminals, I'm going to be first in line to say: Good ****ing luck with that.

My question is, Mass has been doing what Colorado just did since 2004. Where's the repercussions here?

It's easy for us to point fingers across the border and say, "we're not doing business with you." While we ourselves are running business in a state that has never said anything other than Assault Weapons are evil, no more than 10 round magazines, no foldable stocks, etc. etc.

Seems kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, ain't it?

Possibly, but you could boycott MA too if it was important enough to you.

everyone quits hunting in colorado for 5 years the deer population goes out of control.. people wrecking their cars, insurance goes through the roof.. oh please come hunt and take care of our problem... suck it

I'm sure they'd rather pay the cops overtime to take care of the excess deer population using, you guessed it, their department-issued "Assault Weapons"...

Colorado makes about 500 Million from the Hunting/Shooting sport through related businesses that benefit from it. I wrote and called the governor there prior to his voting and basically said If you can backfill that much revenue with this gun ban I think you are wrong. There are several of the countrys best hunting lodges there and I gotta think they are dumbfounded as well as to their next step. My trip out there will not take place and while it might only be several thousand dollars, Im not the only one. As for boycotting mass, well I think a lot of people avoid it anyway on an ongoing basis.

I agree, MA goes a great job shooting its self in the foot with the laws it impose on its citizens and no hunting on Sunday! People from out of state don't have time to come here for Just a Saturday hunt! I wish the Sportsmans dollar had more of a impact on this states economy! We would have more of a voice then! Mark my words. Next year, when Taxes have to be collected and roads built and schools opened, the people of Colorado will be screaming and wanting to know why their taxes have gone up so much! You can't take that much money out of a enconomy and not have it impact a states operation! This will bakefire on the Dem. plan..The same thing will happen to CT when/if colt and the other plants leave!

It seems that a few above are against any changes in laws.

Let's identify the problem? That's the first step.

The problem is that a mentally ill person who was not turned in, identified, by his mother got a unlocked, unsecured gun and ruined the lives of millions of people.

We all need to secure our guns and lock them up and turn in crazy people and prevent them from causing more violence.

The problem is that a mentally ill person who was not turned in, identified, by his mother got a unlocked, unsecured gun and ruined the lives of millions of people.

We all need to secure our guns and lock them up and turn in crazy people and prevent them from causing more violence.
Have the current gun laws been enforced? What evidence do you have that new ones will help or be enforced?
Fix the mental heath care system,
Stop disarming honest people (gun free zone ect.)
Stop the propaganda,
Teach the gov't to fear the people like it should,

Those are some of the problems that need addressing.

show me where "crazy" people are more prone to violence. Also please define what is crazy.

The liberals "fixed" the mental health problem in the 70's when they forced the State hospitals to release all the seriously mentally ill people. Do you think they are going to admit their "fix" was a failure?

Back
Top Bottom