• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunter taxation...er...Mass-ation

liketorace

NES Member
OK, so, I buy the license and then see how much taxation without representation there is:
upload_2018-10-16_22-39-50.png
I'm not an anti-much-of-anything, but for the love of whatever, what the heck is going on? We can't run the bureaucracy on what they have?

If that license is equivalent to a Pennsylvania license you should be very happy. Mine for the combo is around $100.

$1.34 for each transaction. A flat fee based on a service.
3% fee per transaction. Same amount most credit card processing companies charge.
Unlike a retailer that is making markup on items sold, this vendor is only making it's per transaction fee. The 3% covers their un-recoupable expenses.

I think it's fine. There's an expected expense to pay for my convenience. You can always go to your town clerk's office, during their open hours, with your vehicle, to save the 3%.

$1.34 for each transaction. A flat fee based on a service.
3% fee per transaction. Same amount most credit card processing companies charge.
Unlike a retailer that is making markup on items sold, this vendor is only making it's per transaction fee. The 3% covers their un-recoupable expenses.

I think it's fine. There's an expected expense to pay for my convenience. You can always go to your town clerk's office, during their open hours, with your vehicle, to save the 3%.

You haven’t been able to buy your license at the town hall in quite a few years now. If you buy it at s retail outlet you still pay the fees. I don’t know about buying it at MassWildlife.

Bob

You can buy your hunting license in person at license agent locations, which include:

• Select retail stores — Most accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
  • MassWidlife offices — Only accept cash or checks.

Buy your hunting license

That's nothing. State of MA processes their own transactions for corporate renewals. Renewal is $100. Online processing is $9. You CANNOT mail it in. Must be done online.

Why not just charge $110 and STFU instead????? I think it's b/c they are FU'ing us and know the average voter just doesn't care.

Can you purchase a license in the city clerks office or in stores anymore?
You can at most mass walmarts.

As a matter of fact I have to buy my son's at an agent because I have to show the clerk a letter from me stating he has my permission to hunt. He's 17 now so next year he can go online and purchase it

I can’t remember the last time, if there even was a time, when all my sporting licenses cost that little. I get mine every January, fish, hunt multi species, and ocean fishing. You got nothing to complain about for 30 bux!

Remember when the MA RMV began their online renewal option, which saved you like $5 over mailing it in? Then, they flipped it - the RMV began imposing a convenience fee if you renewed online. The labor overhead is reduced, but the costs increase?

Back
Top Bottom