Hunter shoots himself in the chest while checking ice thickness

Southborough.

We're a COOL Club!

Come on out for the New Year's Hangover Blast on 1/1 at the Crack of Noon at the Trap field. (thread in the Shotgun Comp. section.)

I thought Hopkinton was a cool club but the FUDD's have ruled the skeet fields for 20 years and haven't shown any signs of easing up. It has really held the club back in my opinion since the rest of the club has been upgraded by leaps and bounds over the past 5 years.

We wanted to develop a full Sporting Clays course and they thumbed their noses at it so we said **** it, we will spend our time and resources elsewhere.

Last edited:
Sorry but no. I'm not giving anyone that points a loaded long gun to his chest and bangs it on a hard surface one ****ing inch of slack. And since when does being 18 mean someone has an excuse for being an ass clown? 18 is not a kid. That's an adult......And in this case a very low mental capacity adult that is just shit lucky to be alive.

You're right, legally speaking, an 18 year old is an adult. A very young adult. There are many 18 year olds who are still in high school. Granted, I never shot myself, but the list of stupid things I did at 18 is very long. I suspect that is the case for many people. He did something extremely dangerous and reckless that nearly cost him his life. I'm guessing he won't do it again.

Last edited:
i guess i did a few stupid things when i was 18. the difference between this kid and me...my DAD taught me how to handle guns safely. i would never have used a loaded rifle as a sledgehammer.

But i generally knew how to do alot of dangerous things at 18. like how to run a chainsaw, SCUBA dive, how to use oxy accetlyene welding torches, etc. I have this theory that in teaching a kid how to do dangerous things, it teaches him a general philosphy of safety that sticks with him for a lifetime. Instead of shielding young snowflakes from all danger, the safest thing is to actually embrace the danger...with proper safety procedures taught and adherred to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom