• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunter saftey course

IM taking one at hanson in a few weeks. I was just wondering if you fail the test. do you have to take the class over again.

You won't fail if you listen and pay attention. When I took mine, the final test was on the second to last day just in case anyone had trouble with it, they could take it again. No one had to, even the kids.

Don't worry, you'll pass.

You can try again the same day? Wow, a permit that's easier in MA than in NH -- Amazing!

I just took New Hampshire's hunter safety course, and we had one guy (out of a class of 12) fail the multiple choice exam. Instructor said this was the first person he'd seen fail the test; 99% of students pass.

Yes, they booted him out and he will have to start over from the beginning; what really hurts is registration is closed for this year so he'll have to wait for 2011 openings.

I recall that when we took the exam, some of the questions were very poorly written so that more than one answer was correct. So, it was possible to answer correctly but be marked wrong. To be fair, the guys teaching the class gave us the correct answers to these questions before we took the test.

When I took the course, the questions were similar to these:

"You see a deer standing directly in front of your hunting partner, should you shoot it?"
"You are not sure of where your hunting partner is, and you hear noises in a bush several yards away...should you assume it's a deer and shoot?"
"Is it okay to shoot 20GA shells out of a 12GA shotgun?"
"You hear a turkey close by during turkey season, but do not actually see a turkey. Is it okay to fire a few shots in the general direction of the noises?"

There really isn't any way to fail. The test took me ~3 minutes to take, and I got one wrong (it was worded a little tricky, and I misread it). As long as you at least pretend to listen during the course, and actually bother to read the questions and answer choices, you should be all set.

I know "hunters" (used advisedly) that have done this sort of thing....One guy was telling how he managed to get a waterfall one day - another told me he'd seen nothing, but had taken several "sound shots".

It may be a lame, basic test....but common sense is not common.....

Unless you're functionally illiterate, you'll pass.

The course is designed to help you pass. At my class, there were adults of all ages and teenagers. The competition was more around who could get a perfect score, than who would pass vs fail.

Everyone passed easily, with no need for subsequent attempts.

Unless you're functionally illiterate, you'll pass.

The course is designed to help you pass. At my class, there were adults of all ages and teenagers. The competition was more around who could get a perfect score, than who would pass vs fail.

Everyone passed easily, with no need for subsequent attempts.

The guys teaching my class asked, before starting the exam, if anyone needed special help. About a handful of people went to a quiet area and took the exam with an instructor as a guide. So, anyone with a handicap should be ok to take this test.

Im taking it at hanson rod and gun club pritty nice club. Im having a quiz on the 20 gun saftey rules tomorrow. is it hard.

The test is stupid easy, and in many cases they go over the test the class prior to the class that the test is.

Believe me if you read the book you will pass the test, it is mostly common sense with some of the hunting rules mixed in.

Easy as pie!! The 20 safty rules quiz is simple. If you read them, you'll pass.
It's a fill in the blank quiz.
Always keep the _______ pointed in a safe direction.
Every question is like that for all questions. I'd wish you luck, but if you need it, your a moron.

Poorly written multiple choice questions with multiple right answers

I recall that when we took the exam, some of the questions were very poorly written so that more than one answer was correct. So, it was possible to answer correctly but be marked wrong. To be fair, the guys teaching the class gave us the correct answers to these questions before we took the test.

The test in New Hampshire had the same issue (I think they're all done by one national business), but the instructor didn't tell us that until after the test. [angry]

The only other hint I can offer is to read the materials over in advance, and get a good night's sleep beforehand.

Just one more question. when im don with the hunter saftey course i can go hunting by myself with my dads guns. Im 17 and have my F.I.D card.

Back
Top Bottom