Hunter forced to defend her lifestyle after receiving death threats

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
upload_2017-12-7_9-31-24.png

By Alexandra Deabler | Fox News

A woman in Texas has built a following on social media for her hunting prowess -- but it hasn't always been positive.

Nikki Tate, a lawyer in Dallas, has amassed over 11,000 followers on her Instagram with pictures of herself and her hunting dogs posing with carcasses of deer, hogs and waterfowl.

The 27-year-old attorney started hunting “about 10 years ago” at her uncle’s ranch in South Texas, The Daily Mail reports.

“It was then when I shot a bow for the first time. I loved the challenge, and given my athletic history and competitive personality, I instantly became addicted,” she said, The Daily Mail reported.

Her addiction started with bucks and then moved on to waterfowl.

Read full story here: http://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...-lifestyle-after-receiving-death-threats.html

Hunting, by-and-large, is losing popularity with the general public. Considering how disconnected Society is from nature in-general, I don't know how this could have gone any-other way.

If you engage Social Media with something controversial and/or unpopular, teenagers with access to a computer and no filtering are going to post some awful things.

Is this a surprise for some people here?

not a surprise, I remember going through family album and seeing a photo op of a slaughtered pig for the holidays, dead carcass with blood still draining and little kids sitting a top of it with the rest of the family behind, all smiles ear to ear. Good old times when you didn't need special books to explain circle of life. You knew what you ate.

Hunting, by-and-large, is losing popularity with the general public. Considering how disconnected Society is from nature in-general, I don't know how this could have gone any-other way.

If you engage Social Media with something controversial and/or unpopular, teenagers with access to a computer and no filtering are going to post some awful things.

Is this a surprise for some people here?

Maybe it is my wife's influence (she is into hunting and raising/growing your own food), maybe it is with my re-involvement with shooting sports and sportsmen's clubs, but, while I can see this being a polarized topic - those for it are strongly for it and vice-versa, I honestly thought that hunting and raising your own food was gaining popularity. Maybe it is just a movement, but I see more and more people striving for self sufficiency as far as food is concerned.

I think the reason is a rejection of the processing in our food supply and the desire for natural food sources.

But killing unborn humans is ok. Left is nuts

Meat isn't manufactured at the grocery stores.

Truth is that this is not at all surprising. The idiots in MA wanted to control the breeding of deer to stem the growing overpopulation rather than just allowing expanded hunting.

See, here's where the disconnect occurs. These dipshits think that all hunting is trophy hunting just for the fun of killing innocent animals. They have no concept of the fact that people actually eat what they kill, or in the case of the African hunts, one lion/hippo/elephant/whatever kill will go to feed an entire starving village for some time.

I mean, why go kill some innocent animal when you can get meat at the grocery store, right? :rolleyes:

See, here's where the disconnect occurs. These dipshits think that all hunting is trophy hunting just for the fun of killing innocent animals. They have no concept of the fact that people actually eat what they kill, or in the case of the African hunts, one lion/hippo/elephant/whatever kill will go to feed an entire starving village for some time.

I mean, why go kill some innocent animal when you can get meat at the grocery store, right? :rolleyes:

^^^i think this is part of it...i think another part of it is that some of the animals are cute...deer are cute animals...they are like wild dogs with horns that people love...and while i don't know much about hunting...i still understand that the population has to be controlled and i have no problem with the people that do it for us...for the people that whine about it i always ask them then why did the environmentalists open deer hunting up on blue hills ( https://www.mass.gov/location-details/blue-hills-deer-management-program )...want to see those people go nuts, show them some of those hog hunts where they have over population and they just shoot them and let them rot or let the animals eat them

That was the cover story. Those days are over, now they are more open, it is simply shaming everyone that isn't an obvious un-salvageable dirty deplorable into their group or marginalizing them. An attractive blond lawyer should be slooting around bars by night and in her spare time doing pro bono work for planned parenthood or BLM. Not out doing real things. Real, hard, dirty things, that connect you to your humanity. If they don't cut her down a woman like that could influence other women and men to start thinking.

But killing unborn humans is ok. Left is nuts

Meat isn't manufactured at the grocery stores.

Truth is that this is not at all surprising. The idiots in MA wanted to control the breeding of deer to stem the growing overpopulation rather than just allowing expanded hunting.

Not just killing the unborn - but they're against the death penalty. So they're okay with killing innocent unborn babies while letting killers and the worst of society live out their natural lives on the tax payer's dime. How they rationalize that I do not know.... but they do in their own moon bat minds.

The idiots in MA wanted to control the breeding of deer to stem the growing overpopulation rather than just allowing expanded hunting.

Usually when talking to moonbats I tell them that the current situation is unnatural and that we need to reintroduce wolves to control the deer naturally. Then they do the usual "well, yeah but not in my backyard" and they feel guilty.

My first question when I'm told by coworkers/acquaintances/ even in-laws.....that hunting is wrong......is ask "do you eat meat". When they answer yes I just put up my hand to their face and say "I refuse to argue with a hypocrite". And I will not even discuss it.

I had someone threaten my life on a different forum because we didn't see eye to eye on politics. Apparently "I'll meet you at dunkins, but you might want to read some of my other posts" was not a appropriate response, and I was subsequently banned from that community for threatening a member.

While I'm slightly disappointed, I do need to point out that people online relish the protection of their monitor, and rarely think about consequences of anything they say until they're called out on their bullshit.

As an aside- I had no intention of ever showing up to dunkins.

Last edited:
I had someone threaten my life on a different forum because we didn't see eye to eye on politics. Apparently "I'll meet you at dunkins, but you might want to read some of my other posts" was not a appropriate response, and I was subsequently banned from that community for threatening a member.

While I'm slightly disappointed, I do need to point out that people online relish the protection of their monitor, and rarely think about consequences of anything they say until they're called out on their bullshit.

As an aside- I had no intention of ever showing up to dunkins.

I have considered trying hunting but as of yet I haven't taken any steps to learn more about it, also my wife says I have to start dropping activities if I add anything more. However, I have always thought that if the choice was bash bambi over the head with a rock or never eat meat again I would be searching feverishly for a rock. My wife refuses to eat fish after having to clean and cook fish "the men" caught when she was on vacation with her family so I can understand why the thought of hunting would turn some people's stomachs, but more in a way that I wouldn't want to clean out septic tanks for a living but someone rightfully is earning money providing that service.

As long as the left continues insulting people like this woman, they'll continue losing at the ballot box.

ETA: If she was a animal murderer there wouldn't be a pond full of ducks still swimming around behind her.

Last edited:
People don't know about hunting at all. All they see is a dead animal, a smiling human, and to those with weak stomachs or who don't understand, it's repulsive. I get it. People never see blood or guts because they don't have to hunt. I understand why someone could see that and think it's horrific. They never dealt with blood or death in their lives, and as such hunting is alien to them. When you eat a burger you don't think about the cow being slaughtered for it. It's a few steps closer to home with deer. I get it. But I always explain to them my reasoning for supporting hunters and hunting.

I always like to ask them- would you rather eat a cow that's been kept on a farm, fed an unnatural diet to fatten it up, and then gets herded into commercial slaughterhouses? Or would you rather eat a deer that lived a long healthy natural life, going wherever it wanted to go, fighting, continuing it's bloodline, living as our creator (or "nature") intended it to?

Unless they're vegans, in which case, tell them 1. plants know when they're being eaten 2. Nut up, humans are omnivores, we need meat. Try feeding a lion kale, you freak.

I met a guy who fished but thought hunting was bad. My best guess is he drew the line at legs, which is kinda screwed up. Some people really are just out there.

Why would you ever send death threats to a gun owner?
I have never understood why people threaten cold blooded killers, who wake up a 3 am to sit in a tree for four hours in the freezing cold, who make chest cavity shots from tens or hundreds of yards away with a variety of weapons designed to kill instantly, and then hang, gut, drain, and skin large game in the wee hours of the morning, before butchering the carcass into tiny, steak sized pieces and make the rest of the body disappear without a trace. These people spot animals with a much more refined flight response, with better scent, sight, and hearing, and stalk them over hundreds of yards to get the perfect shot without the animal ever knowing they existed.
Seriously if hunters were evil, we'd know it. ;)

To be fair, the right isn't much better. Look at all the stuff that's said around here about Healey.
So long as people contain their remarks to that of her job performance, and do not start making attacks on her lifestyle, I see no problem.

I think The great many of Americans don't care one way or other. Then the nutz on the left are hardcore against, and the hunting community take up the rest. As with guns, I don't for the life of me understand why any hunters would vote DemocRAT. It's an oxymoron.

I think The great many of Americans don't care one way or other. Then the nutz on the left are hardcore against, and the hunting community take up the rest. As with guns, I don't for the life of me understand why any hunters would vote D EMOCRAT. It's an oxymoron.
I am a bit surprised that more D's aren't taking up hunting. It seems to fit certain aspects of the D mindset (hipster bearded alternative food source seeker). Maybe its just the polarity of politics - in for a D penny, in for a pound.

I am a bit surprised that more D's aren't taking up hunting. It seems to fit certain aspects of the D mindset (hipster bearded alternative food source seeker). Maybe its just the polarity of politics - in for a D penny, in for a pound.

I am thinking it would be more appealing to the "I do legitimately consider the environment in my actions" crowd, not the "look at me I am political!"

I have considered trying hunting but as of yet I haven't taken any steps to learn more about it, also my wife says I have to start dropping activities if I add anything more. However, I have always thought that if the choice was bash bambi over the head with a rock or never eat meat again I would be searching feverishly for a rock. My wife refuses to eat fish after having to clean and cook fish "the men" caught when she was on vacation with her family so I can understand why the thought of hunting would turn some people's stomachs, but more in a way that I wouldn't want to clean out septic tanks for a living but someone rightfully is earning money providing that service.
I never understood the distaste some have wirth dressing game or fish. It's not a big deal to me at all. When I'm in the middle of field dressing a deer or rabbit or whatever......I'm just thinking about the meals it's going to make. And for those of you who have never done it.....trust me....it really is not a big deal

I never understood the distaste some have wirth dressing game or fish. It's not a big deal to me at all. When I'm in the middle of field dressing a deer or rabbit or whatever......I'm just thinking about the meals it's going to make. And for those of you who have never done it.....trust me....it really is not a big deal
For people who've never done it, it can be disturbing. Packaged tuna and steaks are this blob shape, and look like nothing. No slimy internals, no looking at it's face.

There are people out there who get squeamish about blood in steaks or handing raw meat fish or poultry (because it's slimy not diseases)

That being said there are things everyone should know, like first aid or how to build a fire. The basic idea of how to prep an animal after you killed it is one of those things you might need some day. And it will help your first aid too, if you've cut up a deer before you probably won't puke and go into shock after seeing a compound fracture or a bad puncture/laceration. I can't find an example because it's pretty broad terms but I have heard anecdotes about people who knew first aid being unable to render it because they went into shock or got sick seeing the injury to the other person.

not a surprise, I remember going through family album and seeing a photo op of a slaughtered pig for the holidays, dead carcass with blood still draining and little kids sitting a top of it with the rest of the family behind, all smiles ear to ear. Good old times when you didn't need special books to explain circle of life. You knew what you ate.
Where I grew up, in America, you still hear the screaming of pigs being slaughtered. Kids trap young pigs and then families will fatten them up in a pen out back, getting ready for a special occasion. Nobody in my neighborhood is confused about where food comes from

Maybe it is my wife's influence (she is into hunting and raising/growing your own food), maybe it is with my re-involvement with shooting sports and sportsmen's clubs, but, while I can see this being a polarized topic - those for it are strongly for it and vice-versa, I honestly thought that hunting and raising your own food was gaining popularity. Maybe it is just a movement, but I see more and more people striving for self sufficiency as far as food is concerned.

I think the reason is a rejection of the processing in our food supply and the desire for natural food sources.

People don't eat Coyotes, but folks hunt/kill them all the time.

People don't eat Lions, or Elephants, or other 'trophy' game, either. Lots of folks hunt and kill things they don't 'really' eat....and we all know that.

I think deer are cute, and I also think they are tasty. I've no problem hunting and eating them, but everyone draws their own personal line in the sand.

I have SERIOUS problem with people hunting feral hogs, and leaving all that absolutely tasty pork to rot in a field somewhere....that's just a level of stupidity I can't respect. It's unethical.

For people who've never done it, it can be disturbing. Packaged tuna and steaks are this blob shape, and look like nothing. No slimy internals, no looking at it's face.

There are people out there who get squeamish about blood in steaks or handing raw meat fish or poultry (because it's slimy not diseases)

That being said there are things everyone should know, like first aid or how to build a fire. The basic idea of how to prep an animal after you killed it is one of those things you might need some day. And it will help your first aid too, if you've cut up a deer before you probably won't puke and go into shock after seeing a compound fracture or a bad puncture/laceration. I can't find an example because it's pretty broad terms but I have heard anecdotes about people who knew first aid being unable to render it because they went into shock or got sick seeing the injury to the other person.
I guess I found a good wife then. Mine has been hunting with me for the last 3 years. I will say she was worried a out dressing out her first deer (I was not with her she hunted worth the woman's program with mass fish and game). She said once she had the deer on the ground she dove in with curiosity as the guide talked her through it. She found it an amazing educational experience. Now she dresses squirrels and rabbits too with no problem. She's thankful she knows how to do it.

People don't eat Coyotes, but folks hunt/kill them all the time.

People don't eat Lions, or Elephants, or other 'trophy' game, either. Lots of folks hunt and kill things they don't 'really' eat....and we all know that.

I think deer are cute, and I also think they are tasty. I've no problem hunting and eating them, but everyone draws their own personal line in the sand.

I have SERIOUS problem with people hunting feral hogs, and leaving all that absolutely tasty pork to rot in a field somewhere....that's just a level of stupidity I can't respect. It's unethical.
Where I'm from the pigs are destroying the environment. It is better that they rot

Back
Top Bottom