• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hungarian M44 with a rack mark?

Lowbird

NES Member
For your consideration.
My first Hungarian M44. Hope to get a few more in a little better shape.
I know some other countries have marked their Mosins with paint. Arabic countries, Romania, etc. I have not seen one from Hungary.
There is an email out to the prior owner about it.

Thought I would pick the brains of our Mosin masters here.

All parts are marked 02.
Stock and receiver/barrel match. Rest are a mix.
Pics are from the previous owner. My camera sucks.

HungarianM44-1.jpg HungarianM44-11.jpg HungarianM44-12.jpg HungarianM44-13.jpg HungarianM44-15.jpg HungarianM44-2.jpg HungarianM44-3.jpg HungarianM44-4.jpg

Attachments

• HungarianM44-10.jpg
    HungarianM44-10.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 17
  • HungarianM44-14.jpg
    HungarianM44-14.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 18
This is the early Century Arms import mark. In the late 1980's and early 1990's, many of Century's imports were filtering in from the Middle East/North Africa regions. The appearance alone would suggest this one was issued and handled a lot. And not all rack numbers were done in Arabic from these regions.

100% positive that it is Arabic? No. The stamped number in the stock suggests one of the Balkan region countries.

Regardless, it's cool. It has experience that can't be found in some of the later unissued Hungarian M44's.

Arabic and Romania were used as an example of what I found when searching for Mosins w/painted markings. Hadn't seen one from Hungary with paint. Merely saying this is an interesting piece of history.

I'm not thinking this is from an Arabic country.

Back
Top Bottom