Huge Weapons Seizure by US Navy

I hate linking to CNN, but I can’t find it anywhere else:

The massive arms haul covered much of the rear flight deck of the 567-foot (173-meter) US warship after it was transferred over in what the Navy said was a two-day operation.

"The cache of weapons included dozens of advanced Russian-made anti-tank guided missiles, thousands of Chinese Type 56 assault rifles, and hundreds of PKM machine guns, sniper rifles and rocket-propelled grenade launchers. Other weapon components included advanced optical sights," the Navy statement said.

That is a lot of guns!

DD4E146A-0083-4DFF-AB06-5AF48B2FDBD7.jpeg

Lol so now we just take over ships because there's no flag on em? Lol those crews will probably have their kidneys sold off and the rest turned into dog food when they get back.

Lol so now we just take over ships because there's no flag on em? Lol those crews will probably have their kidneys sold off and the rest turned into dog food when they get back.
Darn, it's always the broken tail lights bring in the biggest busts. I just knew the ship was heading to Massachusetts because of the premium on pre-ban AK's.

I was kind of wondering the same thing. That boat captain was probably on the lookout for pirates, but turns out the US Navy was Black Beard after all.

My guess is if the ship is unflagged the US Navy and Coast Guard are like oh well it's not going to cause some kind of international problem because these people are not people LOL

My guess is if the ship is unflagged the US Navy and Coast Guard are like oh well it's not going to cause some kind of international problem because these people are not people LOL
I mean Unflagged ships are just asking for trouble anyways, if they painted some random flag on their ship they might have stood a better chance.

Meh, a sketchy boat on a sketchy run from Iran to Yemen?
It was staffed with sketchy Arabs.

I was kind of wondering the same thing. That boat captain was probably on the lookout for pirates, but turns out the US Navy was Black Beard after all.
Boat's carrying more guns than you can fit on a guided missile cruiser's flight deck
without violating coronavirus social distancing rules.

It's probably not real worried about pirates.

I'm being half facetious, just making an observation... those guns were probably sold by china to durkas, just can't get over how sloppy that is... whats that, like a million bucks worth of guns... ?

Somethin somethin fast and furious?

Seriously though, that's a crap ton of hardware, it's like the Village Vault lost archives up in there.

Surprised its not panama registered lol...
There used[1] to be a USCG liaison attached to the Panamanian embassy in DC, exactly to deal with rusty 150 foot general cargo ships with hand painted names (with paint runs down to the gunnels), Panamanian flags and ratty assed captains ...

Intercepting cutter would radio HQ, HQ would call liaison, who would ask “is it real or is it memorex?” Either a “not ours” or statement of no objection to boarding. 2 hour delay and rustbucket would get the call to stand by for an armed boarding team.

[1] all first hand knowledge is nearly 40 years out of date. Showly hit, I got old ...

Back
Top Bottom